Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sam: "At the moment Walcott is the only target, because it's called one at a time. There'll also have to be some negotiations about players out and balancing the squad."
wow this may happen. Thoughts pal? I mentioned yesterday he might do well but not at that price or wages which could be spent on a LB or CM that Sam wants. rather stick with lookman rest of season

Sam: "At the moment Walcott is the only target, because it's called one at a time. There'll also have to be some negotiations about players out and balancing the squad."
Only at Everton!

Where the transfer committee can only speak to one club at a time for one player haha

(I know it's because we need to sell and we aren't signing many anyway this month but still)

wow this may happen. Thoughts pal? I mentioned yesterday he might do well but not at that price or wages which could be spent on a LB or CM that Sam wants. rather stick with lookman rest of season

PROS
- Pace
- Goalscoring
- Creates dangerous situations purely because he is so quick
- Cost (relatively, £20m for a proven Prem goalscorer and England international at 28, isn't bad)
- Experience

CONS
- Injury prone
- Wages
- Crossing/passing isn't the best
- Needs a run of games to hit his form

I'd be happy if he came in, but equally so if he doesn't then it won't be the end of the world.

I do think Lookman needs a loan regardless, so I'm happy if we at least have Walcott there to fill that gap. As I've said already as well, now have a sneaky feeling Lennon may go.

We're obviously very quietly working on signing a world class left back. Expect an announcement imminently.

I work with a United fan who said from day 1 Chicharito would fail at West Ham. I'll be honest i'm not surprised, it's not like West Ham had to beat off comp to sign him.
There was someone in the DCL thread suggesting Hernandez should replace DCL, I laughed so much I forgot to post my thoughts . Big Sam’s team talk “ Right “ little pea” , when Jordan lumps the ball forward your job is to outjump the big defenders and head the ball on. Or better still , leap up and bring the ball down on your chest , use your strength to hold off the defenders until the midfielders arrive. “ We’re buying him then.

We may be very tight on wages due to early cup & Europe exits and the fact Barkley hung around pulling an extra £1m in wages. I think the bigger thing is Sam feels the squad is too bloated. Assuming we conclude Keane, Sandro & Klaassen need a longer look then we can only bring in e.g. CB or CM if we shift some out. You could see Besic going perhaps but I doubt Sam wants to make a quick decision on someone like Schneiderlin. He won’t push Jags out of the door a few months early and Williams seems to be first choice for him. Hard to see much happening in January despite the normal press burble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back