Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Following Joe Andersons complaint to police regarding alleged fraud in the sale price of Ross Barclay the police have also opened up investigations into the price paid for Walcott, Siggurdson and Keane
Sigurdsson is starting to look like a player when he's played in the correct position, not out wide babysitting the oaf. Walcott walks straight into this side. Dunno what the issue is. Keane's had a bit of a mare tbf but then he has been playing with a bunch of has beens at the back and getting overran each game. He'll come good once he has someone decent alongside him. We're crying out for pace and goals. We look like we're getting a dude who is all about speed and can finish too and you lot lose your minds over it.

Honestly, we only have one decent one. If you want to play attacking football and not get completely gashed on the counter, you cannot have immobile CBs or DCMs. We have both.

Would make sense to bring another one in if say we got shut of a couple, but at this moment in time we've got Gana, Davies, Schneiderlin and McCarthy, that would be 5 if we added this lad.

If anything we need a proper playmaker in the middle of the park, someone who can link up play.

By the way, I dare say if we do manage to get Walcott AND a new left back this window, I'd consider it one of the most successful windows in recent times. That'd be three players into the starting xi who immediately improve us a lot. Also rid of bad eggs Mirallas, Barkley and hopefully several others.

By the way, I dare say if we do manage to get Walcott AND a new left back this window, I'd consider it one of the most successful windows in recent times. That'd be three players into the starting xi who immediately improve us a lot. Also rid of bad eggs Mirallas, Barkley and hopefully several others.
Still doesn't address the issue we've had for years though, lack of creativity

surely we could go and get shaw or bertrand for under £35 mill?
signing shaw would cover a good chunk of the fee utd are paying for sanchez and he's got years left.
Bertrand would be slightly more expensive and a bit more short term but does anyone really doubt he'll fancy leaving a club in danger of going down as well as the payrise he'd get?

Still doesn't address the issue we've had for years though, lack of creativity
Can't have it all though. We have players capable of passing the football. Rooney can spray the balls out wide with ease. Davies can pass the ball. Klaassen is known for being a quick thinker and a good passer. Gueye and, to a lesser extent, Schneiderlin and McCarthy, have at least proven they can, when they can be arsed, track, tackle and mark players and give the ball to a more creative-minded player. Now we have genuine wingers in Bolasie (I know, I know..) and Walcott, and a top striker in Tosun.

Get a LB and Walcott now, finish mid-table, find that elusive midfielder and a CB in the summer, job's a good'un.

If that is not enough, God help us.

...that’s why skill in the transfer market is vital for us. We might have to mainly shop in a different market to the glamour clubs, but there are players out there who have quality and attitude, we need to be not only identifying them but also acquiring them before other teams catch on.

Isn't that why we employ one Steven Walsh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back