Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
..I think he told Wenger his preference is to play centrally.

Sounds like he’s currently at USM FF so I dare say he’s having a good chat with Allardyce.
I think it was about 3 years ago and he did tell Wenger that and I think that he also said would only sign a new contract if he was played centrally.

Wenger tried him there for about 6 games.

He did not have the strength to play centrally and he returned to playing wide.

I have no idea if Theo still harbours hopes of playing centrally.

Why don't we do loans anymore? Must be loads available wanting minutes before a World Cup.
Because splashing out 25m on unproven players is way cooler than getting players on loan, seeing if they are suitable and can adapt to the team or league, then negotiating a sensible price to retain them.

Why don't we do loans anymore? Must be loads available wanting minutes before a World Cup.

On a serious note, i think it's actually the club trying to portray itself as a 'big' club, by buying rather than using the loan system, when in reality it just harms us by not using one avenue (and low risk one) of recruitment.

Sigurdsson is starting to look like a player when he's played in the correct position, not out wide babysitting the oaf. Walcott walks straight into this side. Dunno what the issue is. Keane's had a bit of a mare tbf but then he has been playing with a bunch of has beens at the back and getting overran each game. He'll come good once he has someone decent alongside him. We're crying out for pace and goals. We look like we're getting a dude who is all about speed and can finish too and you lot lose your minds over it.

lollollollollollollollollollollollollol

Spot on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back