January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was brilliant in Spain. And barely played in the league. The negativity from some of our fans is absurd.
Was brilliant for one single season, gets bullied off the ball well easily over here and can barely run around let alone kick a ball.

He's been utterly awful in every game he's played in.

Tosun/Walcott/DCL/Niasse all ahead of him

Was brilliant in Spain. And barely played in the league. The negativity from some of our fans is absurd.
It doesn’t matter one bit how he was in Spain. He’s been dreadful for us, rarely even makes the bench and hasn’t done anything of note. The club isn’t in a position to play him with the hope of him improving.

Talking about ex targets for Everton and one or two kicking off when we didn't sign him, could take a great penalty that's about it!

Out-of-favour Southampton striker Manolo Gabbiadini may join Bologna in the January transfer window, the Daily Echo reports.

He has scored just three goals in 22 Saints appearances this season although if a deal cannot be struck this month, it is reported that Bologna could hold out for the summer
Perez too,but then we can always pin it on Walsh.

Was brilliant for one single season, gets bullied off the ball well easily over here and can barely run around let alone kick a ball.

He's been utterly awful in every game he's played in.

Tosun/Walcott/DCL/Niasse all ahead of him
Don't care who is ahead of him. A 3m profit is nothing with the absolute dross we've signed. He has 3 and a half years left on a contract. We can loan him out and with little risk still collect the £8m reported even if he does nothing. Upside though is a massive profit.

And who knows. Maybe he comes good. Maybe he enjoys playing in a team who play proper football i.e in a false 9 role or on the left. We've been hoofing to him. People just content to write off blokes who have fair dinkum not been given a proper ago is absurd. We've not even been playing football, just some game of boomarang the roo and hope we score.

It doesn’t matter one bit how he was in Spain. He’s been dreadful for us, rarely even makes the bench and hasn’t done anything of note. The club isn’t in a position to play him with the hope of him improving.
It does matter though. Because he clearly has talent and he is still young as hell. Loan him back to Spain, why sell.... Let him flop completely if we want to sell. We'd still collect the fee we paid.

We've just signed Tosun, and presumably Walcott.

Sandro is nowhere near the squad. Sell.

Fair enough if Tosun and Walcott are doing the business and this Henry kid will be involved next year then Sandro is surplus to requirements, but i'd wait till the summer to sell, he can score and looks good in LaLiga, if he goes on loan there and starts scoring again then I think we could get more than 8.8mil for him, just don't see the rush to sell right now

Reactions: JLW
Don't care who is ahead of him. A 3m profit is nothing with the absolute dross we've signed. He has 3 and a half years left on a contract. We can loan him out and with little risk still collect the £8m reported even if he does nothing. Upside though is a massive profit.

And who knows. Maybe he comes good. Maybe he enjoys playing in a team who play proper football i.e in a false 9 role or on the left. We've been hoofing to him. People just content to write off blokes who have fair dinkum not been given a proper ago is absurd. We've not even been playing football, just some game of boomarang the roo and hope we score.

spot on, unsworth and fat sam both haven't help him,

for unsworth he scored his first goal against atalanta ( a good finish as well ) next game he went back to DCL up front against Southampton and it was one of the worst performances I've ever seen from a striker

under fat sam, he hasn't tried him at all, then brings him on against Chelsea, a game were we barely even got out of our half he relied on long balls to chance against 3 big strong centre backs ( like he had a chance ) and then fat sam comes out and says something like he was given a chance. absolute bull, giving him a chance would have been bringing him on with half an hour to go when we was a couple of goals up against Swansea/Huddersfield, or against either WBA/bouremouth

he hasn't been great but he hasn't had the chance to come good really has he?

I've said this as well before and I still stand buy it he is still a far better player than niasse/DCL

.....day 17 of the January transfer window and here’s a round-up of rumours for this Wednesday morning:

- Various outlets report Theo Walcott has completed his medical and will finalise a move to Everton today. Depending on which you read, the fee is said to be £20m or £25m.

- The Daily Star say Everton have rejected a loan bid from Real Betis for 22 year old striker, Sandro Ramirez. The Toffees prefer a permanent deal and have set a minimum price tag of £8.8m.

- Estadio Deportivo reports the agent of Barcelona’s Aleix Vidal saying he is talking to clubs in Liverpool and Manchester about a possible transfer but fails to mention which specific teams. The 28 year old mainly plays right wing back.

- According to Guardian’s Deputy Sports Eitor, Ed Aarons, Everton will find out this week if they have won the race to sign French U21 Forward, Martin Terrier. The Toffees are apparently fighting it out with Bournemouth for the £13m rated Lille player, with Lyon also reported to be interested.

- Italian media is reporting that Inter Milan’s move for Barcelona midfielder, Rafinha, is being held up because the player is also considering an offer from Everton.

- Spanish news outlet, Marca, say Everton and Sevilla are interested in Eintracht Frankfurt midfielder, Omar Mascarell. The 24 year old left Real Madrid in 2016 after spending a season long loan at Derby County.

Apologies in advance, but I couldn’t see any links to a Left Back.

Think we may just sign walcott myself ;)

WHat selling club sets a MINIMUM price tag btw, seems errrm for want of a better word absolutely rubbish to do that lol, can imagine them answering an enquiry on him with "we want 8.8m we will NOT ACCEPT A PENNY MORE!"

Vidal - saw that, seems a bit weird that the reason we are linked is because we are after a left back according to the articles, despite the fact Vidal is and always has been a right back lol

Seems weird that we where linked with him a year ago for about a 1-2m punt, now are willing to pay 13m after he's only played about 14 games more in the league...

Rafinha - just strikes me as typical Italian media dragging a decent sized/wealth clubs name into the mix to drag out a story with no real substance (sadly as i'd love him here)

Can't see that - he was a flop in the time he played here, hasn't pulled up trees since, and is coming back from a ankle injury (i think), does play the same position as Nzonzi so hope that's why Sevilla have interest (if they do) and that frees Nzonzi up to move here.

spot on, unsworth and fat sam both haven't help him,

for unsworth he scored his first goal against atalanta ( a good finish as well ) next game he went back to DCL up front against Southampton and it was one of the worst performances I've ever seen from a striker

under fat sam, he hasn't tried him at all, then brings him on against Chelsea, a game were we barely even got out of our half he relied on long balls to chance against 3 big strong centre backs ( like he had a chance ) and then fat sam comes out and says something like he was given a chance. absolute bull, giving him a chance would have been bringing him on with half an hour to go when we was a couple of goals up against Swansea/Huddersfield, or against either WBA/bouremouth

he hasn't been great but he hasn't had the chance to come good really has he?

I've said this as well before and I still stand buy it he is still a far better player than niasse/DCL
Mate. Dinkums you aint wrong. Sandro was pathetic in that Chelsea game and against Soton. But does he really suit whatever Allardyce is dishing up? Nope. The style we are playing is deplorable, Sandro isn't physical like DCL so that doesn't help. And don't even mention Koeman reign, that hoof crap did Sandeo zero favours at all.

The Atalanta goal was the sort he dished up consistently in Spain. Shows he can do it, maybe in a proper football team. Hence why a loan to Spain isnt bad.

I understand your point to a degree but haven't played football for 2 seasons what's going to change over the end of this and the next? Very little

I don't quite get the fascination with Dolberg. He's been very very poor this season and I can't see him succeeding in England. Although this could just be the Davy Klassen alarm bells ringing in my head.

Just looks a player mate, second season syndrome a bit this year it looks like, and the Ajax side lost 3-4 key players this season which made them work so well last.

would say on potential he's still someone i'd absolutely love to get, he just does some things that you can't teach a player to do - IF he will fulfil the potential is the obvious unknown like

as Zat mentioned - if we could somehow get them to take Klassen back and get Dolberg at a much reduced price then it'd be a good gamble to take.

Nine new signings, was made for the first team this summer. One has quality (Pickford), and another has limited quality (Rooney) due to his age. The rest has failed.

No replacement for Lukaku, was made either.

At the moment a left back is also a serious issue.

This summer we don't even have the Lukaku money.

Ohh dear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back