January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair enough if Tosun and Walcott are doing the business and this Henry kid will be involved next year then Sandro is surplus to requirements, but i'd wait till the summer to sell, he can score and looks good in LaLiga, if he goes on loan there and starts scoring again then I think we could get more than 8.8mil for him, just don't see the rush to sell right now
The rush is because we're skint and need to sell any and everything to buy walcott

I don't quite get the fascination with Dolberg. He's been very very poor this season and I can't see him succeeding in England. Although this could just be the Davy Klassen alarm bells ringing in my head.

Then again i also thought Markovic was gonna become a very special player and he's turned out horribly since leaving Benfica...

I understand your point to a degree but haven't played football for 2 seasons what's going to change over the end of this and the next? Very little
Loan him. Does well? Loan him again. And sell with 2 yrs left on contract. At least then if he does well, try integrate and if he doesn't integrate then sell.

I keep seeing people compare us to a top 6 wide. Walcott this, off cast and waste of money that, why are we buying players top 6 wouldnt buy. Well one things top 6 sides do, is utilise loans. So why don't we?

..the club needs to trim the playing staff, especially the unused high earners. I’m sure the coaches have come to a conclusion about Ramirez (Allardyce said he’d been given 3 chances and failed to impress), if they are not going to use him they might as well recoup what he’s cost. £8.8m could be an attractive proposition to another club.

Suppose in the current market you should evaluate selling him quickly for a small 4-5 mil profit, or IMO anyway play it smart, loan him to a 'decent' spanish side where you know he will start, and if he bangs them in at a similar rate he did at Malaga, then you probably have a 25-30m striker on your books you are willing to sell in the summer.,..

Mate. Dinkums you aint wrong. Sandro was pathetic in that Chelsea game and against Soton. But does he really suit whatever Allardyce is dishing up? Nope. The style we are playing is deplorable, Sandro isn't physical like DCL so that doesn't help. And don't even mention Koeman reign, that hoof crap did Sandeo zero favours at all.

The Atalanta goal was the sort he dished up consistently in Spain. Shows he can do it, maybe in a proper football team. Hence why a loan to Spain isnt bad.

errrr im agreeing with you. it was DCL who was shocking against Southampton not Sandro ( my whole point was he scored in the game before against atalanta and then got dropped )

Loan him. Does well? Loan him again. And sell with 2 yrs left on contract. At least then if he does well, try integrate and if he doesn't integrate then sell.

I keep seeing people compare us to a top 6 wide. Walcott this, off cast and waste of money that, why are we buying players top 6 wouldnt buy. Well one things top 6 sides do, is utilise loans. So why don't we?
I agree we should be and in an ideal world it would make a lot of sense.

However, Everton were stupid enough to put this lad on big big money. Money that we'd probably end up paying most of if we loaned him out.

The squad is massive, the wage bill is ridiculous.

We are sell to buy and we're about to blow some dollar on Walcott so I expect Sandro to be sold permanently in an attempt to balance some of the outgoings.

...Allardyce said he wants to ‘assess’ him in January and will make a decision whether to register him before the end of the window. Read into that what you will, but it sounds like he wanted to know when Baines would be back and also perhaps he had a few irons in the fire (including the recall of Galloway).

If everything fails, he’ll register Garbutt, which says it all really.

I'm certain almost that it's all connected to Man U and if they bring in a left back mate, Rose comes in Shaw will leave - and to here i reckon.

The recalling of the young lad from his loan for me is a way to circumnavigate any fume over Shaw leaving by making the appearance that you trust one of your academy lads to be Roses back up and the future in that position etc

The main issue is that Walcott is our 15th signing in the space of 12 months.

That is way too much squad overhaul in such a short space of time.

Which is why we've got such an imbalanced side.
If the only players we signed were;

Pickford
Siggurddsson
Walcott
Tosun
Onyekuru (loaned out)

We'd probably have had a much better season. (And yes I know this is still missing a left back and a centre back)

The main issue is that Walcott is our 15th signing in the space of 12 months.

That is way too much squad overhaul in such a short space of time.

Which is why we've got such an imbalanced side.

The other thing is I thought Sam said the squad is too big, we seem to be selling and buying the same amount of players. I was expecting more to be out by now.

On the flip side to that they might be making sure they get the targets they want in before they sell.

If the only players we signed were;

Pickford
Siggurddsson
Walcott
Tosun
Onyekuru (loaned out)

We'd probably have had a much better season. (And yes I know this is still missing a left back and a centre back)

I would say Rooney has done alright for us for the 10mil. Also global marketing etc

Can’t see an issue with the two signings so far. People are making a deal of their ages, but we don’t need any more kids coming in to help us out of this mess. It looks as though we’ve deliberately targeted experienced forward players in their prime and brought them in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back