Status
Not open for further replies.
Pickford
Coleman/Kenny - Holgate/Keane - new cb/Mori - Bernat/Baines

Gueye/Davies - Nzonzi/McCarthy

Sigurdsson/Rooney/Vlasic

Walcott/Terrier Bolasie/Lookman
Tosun/DCL

Wouldn't take much more than 50m now to actually get this squad looking in pretty good shape, Nzonzi -20-25m?, 15-20m for a new cb?, 15m for Bernat? Could probably recoup most of that with selling Schneiderlin (15-20m), Niasse (13m) and other players who aren't featuring (Lennon, Besic, Klassen, Sandro etc)

@Eggs

...interesting, Matey. I’ve only seen Terrier on YouTube but I think he’s reported to be a central striker or somebody who plays off the central striker. Regardless, that is looking much more balanced.

The biggest challenge might still be moving players out who are on big bucks especially as some are sitting on long contracts. I think that ‘housekeeping’ has to happen.

I love seeing people say sell Schneiderlin.

There’s literally no indication that the club wants to do this.

Even though he’s been absolutely woeful this season.

It's just more for me speculation that if we did bring in someone like Nzonzi - who I'm sure Allardyce would be all over if possible, then who'd make room mate, Schneiderlin is the obvious candidate, as although he's been utter gash this season, he'd still in this market raise close to 20m and would have 4-5 teams after him so would be an easy sale - West Brom, Stoke, West Ham, Saints and a couple of others would probably all take a gamble for that price on him.

...interesting, Matey. I’ve only seen Terrier on YouTube but I think he’s reported to be a central striker or somebody who plays off the central striker. Regardless, that is looking much more balanced.

The biggest challenge might still be moving players out who are on big bucks especially as some are sitting on long contracts. I think that ‘housekeeping’ has to happen.

Probably have 10 managers in the league at clubs atm mate whose primary aim will be trying to stay up, and they will all want 'premier league proven' as much as i hate that phrase. So reckon the likes of Schneiderlin, one of either Jags or Williams, Lennon, Niasse, could all be moved on with relative ease to those clubs, the likes of Sandro and Klassen - both on big wages would be more difficult obviously, so loans or a 'bargain' price for either would be the only way to get them out the club maybe (bargain fee for Sandro would still likely see a profit made ofc)

You know my doubts about the people ion charge, but will say that this January we seem to be following an actual formulated plan in terms of the business we are doing...

Target man/striker - targeted and sorted relatively quickly, pace and goalscorer - again sorted quickly once we moved onto it, left back next given the rumours - think Allardyce played the game with stating we wouldn't do much business - the complete opposite of 'bigging' up what we intended to do which saw everyone just slap up the prices

Rodwell on a free anyone?

Just read an exclusive interview where he reveals how well he played for Allerdyce and how he enjoyed his management.

Seemed like a plea to Big Sam to me.

Rates himself as a centre half these days and is still only 26.

As has been said previously too much Birkdale not enough Kirkdale in Jack. At one point I thought he could be the next Steven Gerrard but that ship sailed long ago!

Reactions: FTY

Rodwell on a free anyone?

Just read an exclusive interview where he reveals how well he played for Allerdyce and how he enjoyed his management.

Seemed like a plea to Big Sam to me.

Rates himself as a centre half these days and is still only 26.
I acually would, I think there's a good player still in there but it's as if he's fell out of love with the game in recent times, coming back here could reignite that. But we would really be doing him a favour bringing him back, so lowish wages would be a must, all this would depend on him being played at CB and only midfield in emergency times.

I acually would, I think there's a good player still in there but it's as if he's fell out of love with the game in recent times, coming back here could reignite that. But we would really be doing him a favour bringing him back, so lowish wages would be a must, all this would depend on him being played at CB and only midfield in emergency times.

BED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back