January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got up so I'm not tired. There's no reason we couldn't give him 6 months to see how he does, wouldn't cost much and could save us a fourtune in the summer, worth a risk in my eyes. Also if you can't come up with a better response than BED why bother commenting?

You suggested Jack Rodwell, who just got released as a free agent by Sunderland, should be given a contract in our already underperforming everton squad.

BED is the only suitable response available in this instance I'm afraid mate.

...I notice we have a free weekend after the West Brom game (FA Cup 4th round), the timing will be quite good as the Coaches will have more time to work with any new signings on the training ground.

Might be an opportunity for some warm weather training. We know Allardyce likes Dubai.
I've never really seen the point of warm weather training, they go there get some training in then come back to the freezing cold north west, I suppose team building but they should be pro enough to be able to do that in the conditions they have at home.

You suggested Jack Rodwell, who just got released as a free agent by Sunderland, should be given a contract in our already underperforming everton squad.

BED is the only suitable response available in this instance I'm afraid mate.
That a much better response, but I think your wrong I don't think he has been released yet he won't throw his £70 k a week away, I think he wants a pay off.

...I notice we have a free weekend after the West Brom game (FA Cup 4th round), the timing will be quite good as the Coaches will have more time to work with any new signings on the training ground.

Might be an opportunity for some warm weather training. We know Allardyce likes Dubai.

Sam has already said he won't be taking the squad away during that gap Eggs, as it's the transfer window and he says we'll still be busy with ins and outs.

He's planning to take them away during Feb (FA Cup 5th round).

Bernat is an odd link, i don't see why the Echo of all people would randomly pick him out of a hat to do a piece on without there being some weight to it.

I've never really seen the point of warm weather training, they go there get some training in then come back to the freezing cold north west, I suppose team building but they should be pro enough to be able to do that in the conditions they have at home.

..yep, I think the team building element is important but I really don’t know if these things are of any benefit.

There's "should be" and there's the mysterious human condition. Doesn't matter how much money people throw at you, the old human grey matter certainly benefits sometimes by going somewhere different and coming back.

..yep, I think the team building element is important but I really don’t know if these things are of any benefit.
Well I look at it like this, if I went on a lads holiday to Dubai this time of the year (that's what I think basically, warm weather training is) I'd enjoy myself in the warm weather, then when I get back off the plane here the cold weather would just depress me, I would imagine the players would feel that way to. Just my thoughts.

They did it for Strootman in Koeman's first season

Yeah but back then they where 100% completely frozen out by the club, after the AGM 'new friends comment' love-in, got the feeling they will start getting fed some stories - noticeable btw not one anti Walsh/Moshiri comment from any of there journos lately

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back