January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't see anything in those Vardy rumours tbh. Another 30m on a striker???? I'd be very surprised if that happened.
Me to but I'd love it if it did happen, perhaps Moshiri fed up with seeing no goals and want to correct it Big style. Walcott fee was more or less covered but getting rid of one particular piece of dead wood, also Mirallas has gone that's a fair bit of wages saved, who knows what's going on.

Bernat would be great. Can't help feeling that might be a tad ambitious, but he's a fast, attacking left back who got a lot of football at Bayern under Guardiola

Hope we don't put all of our eggs in that basket though as you'd assume there would be Champions League sides interested in a player of that level

EDIT - Oh, and we don't need Vardy. Good player, don't get me wrong but we've just signed the striker to lead the line in Tosun and Walcott can play through the middle if it's pace we are interested in. Would make very little sense if we're trying to use our resources efficiently - we need a left back, a left-sided centre back and a midfielder with a bit of guile before we even think about another striker

Just got up so I'm not tired. There's no reason we couldn't give him 6 months to see how he does, wouldn't cost much and could save us a fourtune in the summer, worth a risk in my eyes. Also if you can't come up with a better response than BED why bother commenting?
Apart from him being absolutey diabolical, showing nothing to suggest he is a premier league player, not leaving Sunderland for less than £70k a week? Yes let’s add another charity case to the squad full of charity cases.

I'll be honest I thought it was utter dog turd when I was told I genuinely laughed and said thats Walcott failed the SAS style medical... but, things are brewing it looks like.

We need a left back though, I would happily put everything on hold to sign a decent one, Bernat would be a good signing.

Be nothing more Everton than going all summer without replacing our striker, then bringing three good ones in during January lol.

Oh yeah and then us forgetting to get any left back in...

Never heard of Bernat but Allardyce, Walsh and that fraud Moshiri out if we don't sign him in time for the game at the weekend ffs.

You wouldn’t have Wilshire? He’s in a different class to our midfield offering....
Is he better than McCarthy? Yes. Is he every bit as injury-prone? Yes.
Is he better than Davies? Maybe. Can he stay fit long enough to start more than 10 games a season? No.
Is he better than Besic? Probably. Can he play regularly enough to justify a transfer fee? No.
Is he better than Schneiderlin? Depends which Schneiderlin we're talking about.
Is he better than Gana? I'd say they are two very different midfielders. Gana is a far better DM than Wilshere, but Wilshere is better going forward than Gana. Wilshere is, of course, incapable of keeping fit however.

Wilshere on a loan for the rest of the season? Yes.
Wilshere for a fee? Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha no.

Is he better than McCarthy? Yes. Is he every bit as injury-prone? Yes.
Is he better than Davies? Maybe. Can he stay fit long enough to start more than 10 games a season? No.
Is he better than Besic? Probably. Can he play regularly enough to justify a transfer fee? No.
Is he better than Schneiderlin? Depends which Schneiderlin we're talking about.
Is he better than Gana? I'd say they are two very different midfielders. Gana is a far better DM than Wilshere, but Wilshere is better going forward than Gana. Wilshere is, of course, incapable of keeping fit however.

Wilshere on a loan for the rest of the season? Yes.
Wilshere for a fee? Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha no.

Are we talking about Wilshire who is now seemingly a first choice in Arsenal's midfield?

File this under, where the hell did this come from?

Hi agree we defiantly need a LB, but with the Vardy thing I look at it this way, he's not that young now and I'm not sure any top six would want or need him, I rate us (not that we have shown it) the best of the rest, no disrespect to them but as a club we are bigger than Leicester so coming here would make perfect sense to Vardy, Also the Walsh connection to. Let see what happens but I thought us being linked with another striker was well out of the question, but I feel Walcott seen as a winger so we really only have one decent striker and Vardy is a different sort to him.
Why would it make sense to Vardy? What is the point in leaving a team in 8th, with (if you look at the form guide) probably the best current chance of finishing 7th, for a team that is on current form is likely to end up 8th or 9th.

Leaving a team where he is a legend and very well paid, and swapping that for what quite frankly is highly unlikely to be much of an upgrade on what Leicester can achieve over the course of his contract. It's not like he's going to be signing a 5 year contract and could see perhaps the better long term potential. Christ he turned down a chance to join Arsenal because they couldn't sell themselves to him.

On top of that, people only leave here if they either have a clause or the owners are happy for them to go. Slap in transfer requests all you like, unless we get the a ridiculous bid and it suits us they are going nowhere (Mahrez). He has no clause in his contract, we don't need the money and the bloke is the talisman of the team.

You will not be signing Vardy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back