January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we are spending 20-25mil on a 29 year old (almost) Walcott + spent 30mil on Pickford (keepers are generally cheaper) then 30-40mil for a young left back 'should' be In line with these numbers...

Sessegnon isn't proven in the prem but looks immense and the stats are incredible + crazy age for the performances.

Chilwell doesn't look as good as baines but has 2 years on him to get to baines level when we signed him and could be mentored by him?

Tierney...celtic wouldn't turn down a big offer from us...they cant afford to.
I’ve an issue with lads who go on about Everton’s finances and how much they know
But when lads start becoming experts on Other clubs in other leagues finances I shake my head.
Celtic are owned by a Billionaire and are not stuck for a bob or two

Why would it make sense to Vardy? What is the point in leaving a team in 8th, with (if you look at the form guide) probably the best current chance of finishing 7th, for a team that is on current form is likely to end up 8th or 9th.

Leaving a team where he is a legend and very well paid, and swapping that for what quite frankly is highly unlikely to be much of an upgrade on what Leicester can achieve over the course of his contract. It's not like he's going to be signing a 5 year contract and could see perhaps the better long term potential. Christ he turned down a chance to join Arsenal because they couldn't sell themselves to him.

On top of that, people only leave here if they either have a clause or the owners are happy for them to go. Slap in transfer requests all you like, unless we get the a ridiculous bid and it suits us they are going nowhere (Mahrez). He has no clause in his contract, we don't need the money and the bloke is the talisman of the team.

You will not be signing Vardy.

Much as I love it when other fans feel the need to come on our board, close to tears, when there is talk of us nicking their players, I actually totally agree with you. Also, he is older than Walcott and surely, not even Everton would spend 50 mil on 2 aged pacy front men?!?!

Bernat would be a great signing! Certainly what we need.

Vardy, can't see it happening. Seems very odd and think it is just click bait by the echo.

Why would it make sense to Vardy? What is the point in leaving a team in 8th, with (if you look at the form guide) probably the best current chance of finishing 7th, for a team that is on current form is likely to end up 8th or 9th.

Leaving a team where he is a legend and very well paid, and swapping that for what quite frankly is highly unlikely to be much of an upgrade on what Leicester can achieve over the course of his contract. It's not like he's going to be signing a 5 year contract and could see perhaps the better long term potential. Christ he turned down a chance to join Arsenal because they couldn't sell themselves to him.

On top of that, people only leave here if they either have a clause or the owners are happy for them to go. Slap in transfer requests all you like, unless we get the a ridiculous bid and it suits us they are going nowhere (Mahrez). He has no clause in his contract, we don't need the money and the bloke is the talisman of the team.

..Leicester are currently a better team than us. Your form has really picked up and you’re playing some good stuff. I don’t think there’s anything in the Vardy rumour, it’s just a newspaper picking up a change in betting odds.

Saying that, Everton are an attractive proposition to many players. I don’t think we’ll be signing Vardy because I don’t think we want him.

We could take Mahrez and Vardy off Ye if we wanted too

Summary

Vardy - I'd have him, but we won't be in for him. Silly link I think. Leicester wouldn't sell for under £30m.
Bernat - Would be boss. Though he's a bit Oviedo at times he can also be a bit Alba as well.
Wilshere - Not happening.
Tierney - Not happening.
N'Zonzi - Could happen, late in the window.

As are every player in world football according to the rags.

6 LB positions up for grabs for the top 6 clubs - Robertson has 1, Rose another, Chelsea have Alonso thats 3, Utd have Shaw, City have the Brazilian lad.

Seriously we stand as much chance as anyone of signing either of those - especially Tierney.
Hope you are right mate but I reckon any of the above would still spend money as City did to have 2 top full backs in the squad as they will have Europe too.

How about we sign some players capable of either being in the first team for 5 years + or those who will develop into good enough players to sell and finance their replacements.

We are basically following the patented "How to ruin a football club" (forewords by Randy Lerner, Ellis Short and Tony Fernandes) manual at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back