January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Much as I love it when other fans feel the need to come on our board, close to tears, when there is talk of us nicking their players, I actually totally agree with you. Also, he is older than Walcott and surely, not even Everton would spend 50 mil on 2 aged pacy front men?!?!
I'm pretty regular on here, so don't lump me into that category! lol

Certainly don't think it makes sense to someone like Everton to spend the sort of money it would take to get him, you're not a United / Man City unlimited funds teams who can blow £35m on a whim. His best chance is one of the teams higher up press the panic button in a weeks time.

Summary

Vardy - I'd have him, but we won't be in for him. Silly link I think. Leicester wouldn't sell for under £30m.
Bernat - Would be boss. Though he's a bit Oviedo at times he can also be a bit Alba as well.
Wilshere - Not happening.
Tierney - Not happening.
N'Zonzi - Could happen, late in the window.
Agree with this, Vardy is a year too late although still a very good player.

Never heard of this Bernat before

Why would it make sense to Vardy? What is the point in leaving a team in 8th, with (if you look at the form guide) probably the best current chance of finishing 7th, for a team that is on current form is likely to end up 8th or 9th.

Leaving a team where he is a legend and very well paid, and swapping that for what quite frankly is highly unlikely to be much of an upgrade on what Leicester can achieve over the course of his contract. It's not like he's going to be signing a 5 year contract and could see perhaps the better long term potential. Christ he turned down a chance to join Arsenal because they couldn't sell themselves to him.

On top of that, people only leave here if they either have a clause or the owners are happy for them to go. Slap in transfer requests all you like, unless we get the a ridiculous bid and it suits us they are going nowhere (Mahrez). He has no clause in his contract, we don't need the money and the bloke is the talisman of the team.

You will not be signing Vardy.

Yet some of our fans get upset when we don’t sign ‘top 4/top 6 players’. I suppose we have to keep trying to get the right players in.

I like how you think your team is impurvious to having your better players taken when the bigger teams come in for them.... that’s cute

If Lookman and Vlasic can’t get a game why the Hell would we sign Terrier?????

Also, is Rodwell actually garbage or just injured all the time? Not seen him play since his first City season.

Didn’t he have a major winless run of over 30 games? I remember my mate despairing every time he played for Sunderland. Don’t know what he has been like recently though.

Saying that, Everton are an attractive proposition to many players. I don’t think we’ll be signing Vardy because I don’t think we want him.
I did intimate that you are, an interesting long term project. But Vardy would be a short term player, in that he's probably got 2.5 years at best left as a main starting striker. You're unlikely to offer him the sort of contract that would see him through to the dream starting to become reality.

Didn’t he have a major winless run of over 30 games? I remember my mate despairing every time he played for Sunderland. Don’t know what he has been like recently though.
Yeah I think his winless run with him in the team spanned across 2/3 years.

Rodwell on a free anyone?

Just read an exclusive interview where he reveals how well he played for Allerdyce and how he enjoyed his management.

Seemed like a plea to Big Sam to me.

Rates himself as a centre half these days and is still only 26.

To be fair it was only an exclusive interview because no other journalist was arsed to go and meet him

Bernat would be a great signing! Certainly what we need.

Vardy, can't see it happening. Seems very odd and think it is just click bait by the echo.

Yes could be click bait. Then again Vardy's agent is also Walcott's and Calvert Lewin's. With shakespeare and walsh at the club they may have an indication of any contract / buy out clauses.

Agree with this, Vardy is a year too late although still a very good player.

Never heard of this Bernat before

Bernat's pretty much Alba-lite, mate

He's pretty good going forward - a bit suspect at the back.

But I feel this 'rumour' is nothing more than click bait.

Bernat's pretty much Alba-lite, mate

He's pretty good going forward - a bit suspect at the back.

But I feel this 'rumour' is nothing more than click bait.
Probably is, right now I would be happy with anyone who’s a left back ‘by trade’ this West Brom game should be Cuco last game in an Everton shirt, it can’t continue it’s painful to watch.

Bernat would be quality, would honestly take that kenedy from Chelsea though me, think davek mentioned him a few weeks ago, good young pacey and gets forward ( young baines )

vardy is quality but hes like 31 the season is over anyway so he'd be 32 next season and would take big money for Leicester to sell

also seen a few pages back someone listed wilshere against our CM and didn't think he'd be an improvement hahaha

wilshere is 2x better than any midfielder we have, if he can stay fit he's englands best CM, absolute class, just a bad tampon with injuries ( the last 18 months he's been alrite injury wise )

Yet some of our fans get upset when we don’t sign ‘top 4/top 6 players’. I suppose we have to keep trying to get the right players in.

I like how you think your team is impurvious to having your better players taken when the bigger teams come in for them.... that’s cute

Who said we were impervious? I said players will only go if the deal is right for us, if that wasn't the case Mahrez wouldn't still be here and we'd caved in to his demands.

Drinkwater went because someone was insane enough to spend £35m on him. If someone wants to pay £75m+ for Mahrez then he also will be gone. If you want to spend £40m on Vardy, then you can probably have him.... but you won't. You wouldn't pay more than £25m and the club would just laugh in your face because he's worth more than that to us.

If Lookman and Vlasic can’t get a game why the Hell would we sign Terrier?????

Also, is Rodwell actually garbage or just injured all the time? Not seen him play since his first City season.
He's more like a centre-forward to me, looks to have the physical presence and good finishing needed to play there. I've watched about 15 minutes of Youtube footage of him btw..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back