January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who said we were impervious? I said players will only go if the deal is right for us, if that wasn't the case Mahrez wouldn't still be here and we'd caved in to his demands.

Drinkwater went because someone was insane enough to spend £35m on him. If someone wants to pay £75m+ for Mahrez then he also will be gone. If you want to spend £40m on Vardy, then you can probably have him.... but you won't. You wouldn't pay more than £25m and the club would just laugh in your face because he's worth more than that to us.

..playing some good stuff. Has Gray finally cemented a starting place?

When?

He signed for Chelsea in 2015.

He has played one game against Everton in that time.

That was the 2-0 defeat in the FA Cup quarters where he had a shocker.

He didn't feature in either of the league games that season.

He hasn't played against us since.
Had a shocker? You're having a laugh. He was the only Chelsea player on form that day and had us pinned back on that side.

It should be Norway or Finland then, colder weather then the uk will feel warm, then they will be raring to go. IMO warm weather returning to cold weather is just depressing. Anyway I do t think our lads have done anything to deserve a lads holiday.
A fair point about the cold. I always liked camping because it made me really appreciate my house when I got home. I don't get what people see from visiting really plush hotels that make their homes look like hovels.

Not deserving of a holiday, but if it resets the psyche and gets results, then it should be done

A fair point about the cold. I always liked camping because it made me really appreciate my house when I got home. I don't get what people see from visiting really plush hotels that make their homes look like hovels.

Not deserving of a holiday, but if it resets the psyche and gets results, then it should be done

@Fansince1988

Can we dispel the attitude that they are holidays? They're warm weather camps.

They help with fitness and nutrition because you get the sun (more vitamin D) and naturally your metabolism works harder/quicker in the heat.

They're good for healing little niggling injuries and strains, and overall 3/4 days of work in the sun is as good as double that on bitterly cold Merseyside.

Why would it make sense to Vardy? What is the point in leaving a team in 8th, with (if you look at the form guide) probably the best current chance of finishing 7th, for a team that is on current form is likely to end up 8th or 9th.

Leaving a team where he is a legend and very well paid, and swapping that for what quite frankly is highly unlikely to be much of an upgrade on what Leicester can achieve over the course of his contract. It's not like he's going to be signing a 5 year contract and could see perhaps the better long term potential. Christ he turned down a chance to join Arsenal because they couldn't sell themselves to him.

On top of that, people only leave here if they either have a clause or the owners are happy for them to go. Slap in transfer requests all you like, unless we get the a ridiculous bid and it suits us they are going nowhere (Mahrez). He has no clause in his contract, we don't need the money and the bloke is the talisman of the team.

You will not be signing Vardy.
I will hold you to that and insist you take it up with your board if it even becomes a remote possibility

Hope you are right mate but I reckon any of the above would still spend money as City did to have 2 top full backs in the squad as they will have Europe too.

The top 6 clubs rarely sign "prospects" they wait until clubs like us do that and develop their game before pinching them off us - thats the food chain.

When?

He signed for Chelsea in 2015.

He has played one game against Everton in that time.

That was the 2-0 defeat in the FA Cup quarters where he had a shocker.

He didn't feature in either of the league games that season.

He hasn't played against us since.

Lol at trying to use facts against him. He's as 'fake news' as Donald Trump.

How about we sign some players capable of either being in the first team for 5 years + or those who will develop into good enough players to sell and finance their replacements.

We are basically following the patented "How to ruin a football club" (forewords by Randy Lerner, Ellis Short and Tony Fernandes) manual at the moment.
That’s what we did with Stones and Lukaku
Look how that worked out.
On the other hand Martina will be in the first team for 5 yrs as he’s fiercely loyal and he gets us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back