January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who said we were impervious? I said players will only go if the deal is right for us, if that wasn't the case Mahrez wouldn't still be here and we'd caved in to his demands.

Drinkwater went because someone was insane enough to spend £35m on him. If someone wants to pay £75m+ for Mahrez then he also will be gone. If you want to spend £40m on Vardy, then you can probably have him.... but you won't. You wouldn't pay more than £25m and the club would just laugh in your face because he's worth more than that to us.

Fair enough and granted impurvious was the wrong word.

I suppose that my point that no team with the exception of a handful can resist bids from bigger teams as they are in fact the bigger teams.

I think what you outline in the position at every team when the player is on a medium to long term deal and it’s a good thing. I think it’s great that the sky money has put weaker/smaller teams in a better position to maximise any gains when it comes to cashing in their assets. The value of the player is set by the selling team and then it’s down to how much the buying team want the player as it was with Gylfi

Bernat's pretty much Alba-lite, mate

He's pretty good going forward - a bit suspect at the back.

But I feel this 'rumour' is nothing more than click bait.

Depends if the echo now have some ties in with the club post AGM i suppose.

It is one right out of nowhere though which is interesting.

...I notice we have a free weekend after the West Brom game (FA Cup 4th round), the timing will be quite good as the Coaches will have more time to work with any new signings on the training ground.

Might be an opportunity for some warm weather training. We know Allardyce likes Dubai.
Rearranged xmas party Eggs. He knew we were going out to the RS.

It would need to be a starting CB so probably 40/50 m and I think we need a proven top quality CF.
if you are talking about the rest of the season then yes with the proviso that Cenk scores 10/12 goals then 7th is obtainable

I'm more talking that the squad isn't as terrible as some think, what it is really is massively undermined by glaring holes in it and a lot of players being shuffled around to try pathc them up, think we could get a solid cb in for south of 20m btw, IF we shopped overseas, the cf thing is up in the air atm, until we see what Tosun is like - could surprise and be very effective, could flop in which case we need to go out and get another etc...

Bernat would be quality, would honestly take that kenedy from Chelsea though me, think davek mentioned him a few weeks ago, good young pacey and gets forward ( young baines )

vardy is quality but hes like 31 the season is over anyway so he'd be 32 next season and would take big money for Leicester to sell

also seen a few pages back someone listed wilshere against our CM and didn't think he'd be an improvement hahaha

wilshere is 2x better than any midfielder we have, if he can stay fit he's englands best CM, absolute class, just a bad tampon with injuries ( the last 18 months he's been alrite injury wise )
Wiltshire garbage mate, one of the worse players I’ve ever seen. Not only is he seriously injury prone, he’s also weak on the ball. Falls over a lot. Didn’t do much at Bournemouth last season. Big no no for me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back