January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Neil the OP has obviously never seen Martina play
Or any Everton team in the last 25 yrs
Jack Wiltshire would walk into any Everton team in the last 25 yrs and I’ve seen them all.
On his day Jack Wiltshire is the best English born CM in the world

Well Neil the OP has obviously never seen Martina play
Or any Everton team in the last 25 yrs
Jack Wiltshire would walk into any Everton team in the last 25 yrs and I’ve seen them all.
On his day Jack Wiltshire is the best English born CM in the world
That’s why we won the last World Cup and euros with him in the team... O wait....

Why would it make sense to Vardy? What is the point in leaving a team in 8th, with (if you look at the form guide) probably the best current chance of finishing 7th, for a team that is on current form is likely to end up 8th or 9th.

Leaving a team where he is a legend and very well paid, and swapping that for what quite frankly is highly unlikely to be much of an upgrade on what Leicester can achieve over the course of his contract. It's not like he's going to be signing a 5 year contract and could see perhaps the better long term potential. Christ he turned down a chance to join Arsenal because they couldn't sell themselves to him.

On top of that, people only leave here if they either have a clause or the owners are happy for them to go. Slap in transfer requests all you like, unless we get the a ridiculous bid and it suits us they are going nowhere (Mahrez). He has no clause in his contract, we don't need the money and the bloke is the talisman of the team.

You will not be signing Vardy.

I seem to remember you selling kante, your best player btw. To chelsea for £30 million just after you won the league.

Mahrez was avaliable for £30 million as well in the summer. When he was leaving international duty to go flying round france trying to get signed by anyone just to leave Leicester. The only reason your board have piped up about him not leaving for less tyen £50 million is because liverpool just sold coutinho and their prone to doing something mental with cash. Like sign Carroll for £35 million or vvd for £75 million.

If someone offered £30 million for marhez on transfer deadline day you'd take it just like last summer.

I agree that everton aren't much of a step up from Leicester atm, more a sideways step at best. I think looking at future ambition and a willingness to fund that ambition we're a more worth while project to be a part of. Unfortunately by time we would ve looking to kick on with said project vardy would be to old to be involved in it imo.

I think its best for all parties if he stays with you lot and pushes for a europa leauge spot for next year and good luck to you.

How about we sign some players capable of either being in the first team for 5 years + or those who will develop into good enough players to sell and finance their replacements.

We are basically following the patented "How to ruin a football club" (forewords by Randy Lerner, Ellis Short and Tony Fernandes) manual at the moment.

Just a quick question on your continual negativity towards the club, how old were Morgan, Huth and Vardy when Leicester won the league, and are any of those players still involved now? And is that club ruined because they buy and play players at their peak, or just over?

Why would it make sense to Vardy? What is the point in leaving a team in 8th, with (if you look at the form guide) probably the best current chance of finishing 7th, for a team that is on current form is likely to end up 8th or 9th.

Leaving a team where he is a legend and very well paid, and swapping that for what quite frankly is highly unlikely to be much of an upgrade on what Leicester can achieve over the course of his contract. It's not like he's going to be signing a 5 year contract and could see perhaps the better long term potential. Christ he turned down a chance to join Arsenal because they couldn't sell themselves to him.

On top of that, people only leave here if they either have a clause or the owners are happy for them to go. Slap in transfer requests all you like, unless we get the a ridiculous bid and it suits us they are going nowhere (Mahrez). He has no clause in his contract, we don't need the money and the bloke is the talisman of the team.

You will not be signing Vardy.

its a smokescreen for chilwell.

Summary

Vardy - I'd have him, but we won't be in for him. Silly link I think. Leicester wouldn't sell for under £30m.
Bernat - Would be boss. Though he's a bit Oviedo at times he can also be a bit Alba as well.
Wilshere - Not happening.
Tierney - Not happening.
N'Zonzi - Could happen, late in the window.

Wilshire will stay at Arsenal soon as they get round to offering him a new contract, Tierney - agree - also think he's too young for BFS to go for as a starter if he was even available etc, Nzonzi - think that won't go away till the 31st and may happen still - guess keep checking who sevilla bring in themselves see if that gives any clues, Vardy would be a absolutely weird one - just don't see it with the business we've already done that end of the pitch (shares an agent though with Walcott and DCL - so maybe more a case of using to get a new contract there?).

Bernat - as i said - a weird 'random' link that came out of nowhere makes me wonder if someone at the echo is now getting tips

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back