January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaping up nicely

We could now actually field a half decent team **barring new centre half until summer I'd imagine, or until Keane is fit**

-----------Pickford------------
JJK-----Holgate----Jags----*NewLB*
-------Gana---------Rooney
Walcott----Sigurdsson-------Bolasie
----------_Cenk_----------------------

Just a quick question on your continual negativity towards the club, how old were Morgan, Huth and Vardy when Leicester won the league, and are any of those players still involved now? And is that club ruined because they buy and play players at their peak, or just over?

I'm negative because I care and because we are heading in the wrong direction.

I wasn't negative when we were doing things right. I used to be accused of being a Moyes cheerleader and too accepting of finishing 6th every year. I'm not negative in the youth team threads, we are doing great stuff in that part of the club.

However you are right in that I've complained about almost every major signing (except Pickford, though I said he was overpriced) we've made in the last 18 months and been pretty much correct on every one.

Morgan, Huth and Vardy cost <£2m each. I'd be perfectly happy adding peak age players at good value prices. We aren't, we are paying top dollar.

These bad decisions will come back to haunt us.

I honestly think we need to target players from clubs like Juventus/Bayern/Real/atleti Madrid etc. Who are not getting games. Plenty of top players at those clubs who would move with the wages we pay.

I’ve an issue with lads who go on about Everton’s finances and how much they know
But when lads start becoming experts on Other clubs in other leagues finances I shake my head.
Celtic are owned by a Billionaire and are not stuck for a bob or two

Their business model is signing players from overseas...then selling them for a profit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back