January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wiltshire garbage mate, one of the worse players I’ve ever seen. Not only is he seriously injury prone, he’s also weak on the ball. Falls over a lot. Didn’t do much at Bournemouth last season. Big no no for me

without being horrible mate, you haven't got a clue what your talking about

unbelievable natural talent, just injuries effected him badly. but even knows when hes been back starting every week he's better one of there best players

I seem to remember you selling kante, your best player btw. To chelsea for £30 million just after you won the league.

Mahrez was avaliable for £30 million as well in the summer. When he was leaving international duty to go flying round france trying to get signed by anyone just to leave Leicester. The only reason your board have piped up about him not leaving for less tyen £50 million is because liverpool just sold coutinho and their prone to doing something mental with cash. Like sign Carroll for £35 million or vvd for £75 million.

If someone offered £30 million for marhez on transfer deadline day you'd take it just like last summer.
Kante had a release clause, we had absolutely no say in that at all. We gave Mahrez and Vardy £120k a week and convinced Vardy to stay instead of going to Arsenal after his release clause was also activated. The club want to keep it's best players and will do everything they can to do it.

Mahrez was not available for £30m, we turned down £32m from Roma. They have never commented in public about what it would take to buy him, but it was well known in the press that last summer they expected something in the £50m region as they took the Walker / Sterling transfers as a starting point.

Since the VVD transfers the club are now making noises about the price being well north of that.

Cheap price doesn't exist anymore in the world, we have just paid $20 million for a 28 year old with 10 years experience at the top level who is better than what we have right now and what we have been crying out for.

There is talk of getting between 10 and 14 million for Naisse and how much are the looking for the guys from Swansea Mawson, 50 million? we haven't paid over the odds for Theo whatsoever.

I do agree we paid too much for Iceland, but he has been one of the few better players when played in the correct position who I feel will get better for us.

The club isn't what it was when Moist was here, we have a backer, we have the tele money, the resale stuff doesn't add as much weight as it used to, we need peak players now, to play at their best now and we will improve and so will the younger lads under the stewardship of experience

Mate, stop moaning and give the team a chance to improve over the second half of the season, have a good pre season and have a strong start to next year, if it all goes tits up, I am sure I will take it on the chin and say you were correct?
Everyone told me to stop moaning in the summer when I was warning people that the squad was unbalanced, lacked pace and needed more creativity and goals. Since then, virtually every person who called me a bedwetter has been on here moaning about the exact same issues that they were absolutely convinced didn't exist. So I can't speak for Timak but I won't stop pointing out problems just because you'd rather I didn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back