January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got to listen to Ian Wright talking about things at Arsenal last night (the perils of being married to an Arsenal fan in North London). We came up in the context of Moshiri and Walcott. He made his views in Walcott known on Sky as well (good for everyone, Arsenal need to rebuild, worried they still lack ambition and direction).

In a nutshell his view was we’d obviously made some mistakes in the transfer market and that we won’t get anywhere with Sam but that he thinks Moshiri will persevere and get it right and that we’ll be a real threat in a couple of years. He noted that the nightmare scenario for Arsenal fans is them getting stuck with Kroenke and Usmanov moving to us. He didn’t think it was the plan or currently likely but finished by saying that if Moshiri gets spades in the ground on a stadium and we start to get it right on the pitch and Usmanov is still getting nowhere at Arsenal then “he’d be a mug not to join his mate and actually get to make a difference”.

Obviously Ian Wright is hardly an intellectual heavyweight and the problems that would face Usmanov if he ever wanted to sell are well discussed on here and elsewhere but it is interesting I think that whilst so many of our fans focus on the gloomiest outlook (fraud, nothing’s changed, it will never happen) we are still seen as a threat by others. The truth? Maybe somewhere in between, maybe yet to be revealed but either way all the stuff pedalled as fact on here is opinion and it is an odd world when a gunners legend is more optimistic on our behalf than we are ourselves!

Everyone told me to stop moaning in the summer when I was warning people that the squad was unbalanced, lacked pace and needed more creativity and goals. Since then, virtually every person who called me a bedwetter has been on here moaning about the exact same issues that they were absolutely convinced didn't exist. So I can't speak for Timak but I won't stop pointing out problems just because you'd rather I didn't.

It is hard being right all the time :)

Better or worse than?

Lukaku
Mirallas Barkley Osman
McCarthy Barry
Baines Jagielka Distin Coleman
Howard

Or even last seasons

Lukaku
Mirallas Barkley
Barry Gueye Davies
Baines Williams Jageilka Coleman
Robles
Pickford
Kenny -- Holgate -- ??? -- ???
Baningime
Davies -- Vlasic
Dowell -- DCL -- Lookman
Potentially the most exciting...

Just a lad that gives the team ou in the match thread an hour before its announced. 100% record.

Said last night he'd the Spanish LB rumours had some legs.

When he announces the team people on here starting to take him seriously.

hes got them all right that ive seen.

Bernat is a heck of a player...would be one of the leagues best.

Tbf not knocking the Iceman lad

But the Everton That facebook page reguarly posts the team early with accuracy and they post some absolute nonsense links... just saying hearing about transfers is much more difficult then about injuries or starting lineups

I am genuinley happy though that for the first time in as far back as i can remember i am happy with all the solid links to players i am seeing and would welcome them all

Bernat, N’zonzi and Vardy

Yes please mosh lad

Everyone told me to stop moaning in the summer when I was warning people that the squad was unbalanced, lacked pace and needed more creativity and goals. Since then, virtually every person who called me a bedwetter has been on here moaning about the exact same issues that they were absolutely convinced didn't exist. So I can't speak for Timak but I won't stop pointing out problems just because you'd rather I didn't.

mate?

its a smokescreen for chilwell.
Haha... maybe, we've already told Arsenal and Liverpool to do one. They offered about £10m before he'd kicked a ball in the first team, so he'll cost you.

Back to Vardy, for what's it's worth I could see Chelsea pushing the panic button and bidding £30£35m+ in this window and that's the sort of move that would appeal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back