Status
Not open for further replies.
Pickford
Coleman/Kenny - Holgate/Keane - new cb/Mori - Bernat/Baines

Gueye/Davies - Nzonzi/McCarthy

Sigurdsson/Rooney/Vlasic

Walcott/Terrier Bolasie/Lookman
Tosun/DCL

Wouldn't take much more than 50m now to actually get this squad looking in pretty good shape, Nzonzi -20-25m?, 15-20m for a new cb?, 15m for Bernat? Could probably recoup most of that with selling Schneiderlin (15-20m), Niasse (13m) and other players who aren't featuring (Lennon, Besic, Klassen, Sandro etc)

@Eggs
It would need to be a starting CB so probably 40/50 m and I think we need a proven top quality CF.
if you are talking about the rest of the season then yes with the proviso that Cenk scores 10/12 goals then 7th is obtainable

It should be Norway or Finland then, colder weather then the uk will feel warm, then they will be raring to go. IMO warm weather returning to cold weather is just depressing. Anyway I do t think our lads have done anything to deserve a lads holiday.
Too much snow in Norway to play football. Its total chaos.

Bernat would be quality, would honestly take that kenedy from Chelsea though me, think davek mentioned him a few weeks ago, good young pacey and gets forward ( young baines )

vardy is quality but hes like 31 the season is over anyway so he'd be 32 next season and would take big money for Leicester to sell

also seen a few pages back someone listed wilshere against our CM and didn't think he'd be an improvement hahaha

wilshere is 2x better than any midfielder we have, if he can stay fit he's englands best CM, absolute class, just a bad tampon with injuries ( the last 18 months he's been alrite injury wise )

Kenedy is nothing like a young Baines, mate

Is he better than McCarthy? Yes. Is he every bit as injury-prone? Yes.
Is he better than Davies? Maybe. Can he stay fit long enough to start more than 10 games a season? No.
Is he better than Besic? Probably. Can he play regularly enough to justify a transfer fee? No.
Is he better than Schneiderlin? Depends which Schneiderlin we're talking about.
Is he better than Gana? I'd say they are two very different midfielders. Gana is a far better DM than Wilshere, but Wilshere is better going forward than Gana. Wilshere is, of course, incapable of keeping fit however.

Wilshere on a loan for the rest of the season? Yes.
Wilshere for a fee? Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha no.
He’s clearly better than McCarthy, but not Davis or Besic? Thats hillarious.

A loan with a price agreed for a permanent transfer in the summer would be perfect for Bernat. He definitely has the quality but has been rather injury hit in recently so splashing a wad on him straight away would be risky because if he breaks down again we'd be in exactly the crappy spot. I can see Bayern agreeing to it as well, he's never ever going to dislodge Alaba there so it might be a goer.

He can play anywhere on that side. He doesn't need much help dominating it either.

Can you name a game in which Kenedy dominated that side, Dave?

Because I can't think of one. Considering he's hardly played.

He had an abysmal game against us in the FA Cup quarters 2015-16, and that's pretty much the last time he played for Chelsea.

Can you name a game in which Kenedy dominated that side, Dave?

Because I can't think of one. Considering he's hardly played.

He had an abysmal game against us in the FA Cup quarters 2015-16, and that's pretty much the last time he played for Chelsea.
He dominated Everton on that side a couple of seasons back in the cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back