January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
a cut out of Bernat would be a better player then Martina....! so in that regard, sign him up

Ironically, I got told yesterday morning about interest in Vardy, I actually presumed this was because the Walcott deal was going to fall through or something, seems it has nothing to do with Walcott.

Wonder if Niasse is off now too to make room if we actually are in for him.

There's "should be" and there's the mysterious human condition. Doesn't matter how much money people throw at you, the old human grey matter certainly benefits sometimes by going somewhere different and coming back.
It should be Norway or Finland then, colder weather then the uk will feel warm, then they will be raring to go. IMO warm weather returning to cold weather is just depressing. Anyway I do t think our lads have done anything to deserve a lads holiday.

...I notice we have a free weekend after the West Brom game (FA Cup 4th round), the timing will be quite good as the Coaches will have more time to work with any new signings on the training ground.

Might be an opportunity for some warm weather training. We know Allardyce likes Dubai.

tHnoMY.gif

"Warm weather break, I say, bring the bisto Farhad"

a cut out of Bernat would be a better player then Martina....! so in that regard, sign him up

Ironically, I got told yesterday morning about interest in Vardy, I actually presumed this was because the Walcott deal was going to fall through or something, seems it has nothing to do with Walcott.

Wonder if Niasse is off now too to make room if we actually are in for him.
The Vardy thing would reall be a statement signing, I think sam planning to just attack so we won't need good defender lol. Being serious I think they have let Sam have the money to fill the holes Koeman didn't do, the first 2 signings have definitly done that in s couple of areas. Vardy and a LB in this window would be excellent, pace up front would be unbelievable.

The Vardy thing would reall be a statement signing, I think sam planning to just attack so we won't need good defender lol. Being serious I think they have let Sam have the money to fill the holes Koeman didn't do, the first 2 signings have definitly done that in s couple of areas. Vardy and a LB in this window would be excellent, pace up front would be unbelievable.

I'll be honest I thought it was utter dog turd when I was told I genuinely laughed and said thats Walcott failed the SAS style medical... but, things are brewing it looks like.

We need a left back though, I would happily put everything on hold to sign a decent one, Bernat would be a good signing.

they
They did it for Strootman in Koeman's first season
they did but they also assumed Koeman being Dutch would go for a Dutch midfielder (which they sorta got right as we signed Klaasan). Clutching at straws i know but so desperate to not see Martina at LB i'll take anything right now

Not one to bang the 'but he's over 30!' drum, but our only goal this season now is avoiding relegation. Next season, he turns 32 in January, and will he really have the pace he has at the moment? Not sure he'd be the right move to be honest, as we wouldn't pay 20/30m to put him on a two year deal only.

they

they did but they also assumed Koeman being Dutch would go for a Dutch midfielder (which they sorta got right as we signed Klaasan). Clutching at straws i know but so desperate to not see Martina at LB i'll take anything right now

Klaassen was a whole season later

I'll be honest I thought it was utter dog turd when I was told I genuinely laughed and said thats Walcott failed the SAS style medical... but, things are brewing it looks like.

We need a left back though, I would happily put everything on hold to sign a decent one, Bernat would be a good signing.
Hi agree we defiantly need a LB, but with the Vardy thing I look at it this way, he's not that young now and I'm not sure any top six would want or need him, I rate us (not that we have shown it) the best of the rest, no disrespect to them but as a club we are bigger than Leicester so coming here would make perfect sense to Vardy, Also the Walsh connection to. Let see what happens but I thought us being linked with another striker was well out of the question, but I feel Walcott seen as a winger so we really only have one decent striker and Vardy is a different sort to him.

It should be Norway or Finland then, colder weather then the uk will feel warm, then they will be raring to go. IMO warm weather returning to cold weather is just depressing. Anyway I do t think our lads have done anything to deserve a lads holiday.

I'd imagine they feel just fine when the players remember they are all on 40k a week plus. That'll warm them back up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back