January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you know what the word 'potential' means...

As in 'potentially, in the future'.

In other words, 'Potentially these players look exciting'.

Which they do compared to almost every over 21 player in the squad.

If you put that team out against West Brom on Sat it would get beaten.
Potential is all well and good but not all potential comes to fruition
Every team needs a mix of age groups
Even the class of 92 had 5/6 top class experienced players and it’ll be a long time before any club produces anything like the class of 92 for their own first team

If you put that team out against West Brom on Sat it would get beaten. Obviously! It's also missing 2 defenders and dowell is on loan!
Potential is all well and good but not all potential comes to fruition Which is what I wrote about in the last post
Every team needs a mix of age groups Not if all of the players are at their peak.
Even the class of 92 had 5/6 top class experienced players and it’ll be a long time before any club produces anything like the class of 92 for their own first team You don't know that our young players wont become as good

See my comments in bold

Again, 'potentially' means in the future...are these players 'potentially' exciting...of course they are...at a young age they can all perform in the premier league.

So 'potentially', if they get games and are coached and developed as players then 'potentially' those players can be very good like Holgate is currently for example and others can be in a season or two.

No one is saying to throw them all in now against west brom lol

See my comments in bold

Again, 'potentially' means in the future...are these players 'potentially' exciting...of course they are...at a young age they can all perform in the premier league.

So 'potentially', if they get games and are coached and developed as players then 'potentially' those players can be very good like Holgate is currently for example and others can be in a season or two.

To be fair Zat, they could be potentially garbage and end up playing their trade in division 2 in 12 months.

The obsession for youngsters is getting weirder by the day

To be fair Zat, they could be potentially garbage and end up playing their trade in division 2 in 12 months.

The obsession for youngsters is getting weirder by the day

To be honest, the team looks so poor at over 21 level what else is there to be excited about?

Bolasie and Walcott ?

Zat I’m sure every poster here could name a dozen 19/20 yr olds who at the time were potentially the next big thing
Even our own club has produced them and they never lived up to the hype.
Jeffers , Rodwell ,Vaughan even Barkley to an extent
Illl go back as far as the Scottish George Best ,Peter Marinello to prove a point.
Even Davies hasn’t kicked on from last season and DCL’s goalscoring record is a concern.
And before you stay he’s still young I’ll mention Owen and Fowler from the pit acroyyhe Park

See my comments in bold

Yeah but if my uncle had a sex change he could 'potentially' be my aunt...

He dominated Everton on that side a couple of seasons back in the cup.
Everyone dominates Everton, especially that season. Also, Everton actually won that game, yeah? If we signed every player that dominated Everton we'd have 2317 players in our squad right now. I like Kenedy, but he's not a left back from what I've seen. Could he be turned into one? Idk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back