January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bernat link is being reported by more (gash) news outlets. I assume they’re regurgitating each other’s nonsense but I feel this could be the “Everton that” non-signing of the window.

Jesus Wept
Zat please stop for your own sake
If you put that side out against the worst PL side it would struggle to get a draw at Goodison
I get your fascination with youth but that team lacks a goal scorer
It also lacks experience
It lacks someone to put their foot on the ball and dictate the pace of the game.
It lacks a leader at the back
I could go on but I won’t

But it does lack a Martina

I quite agree. The word holiday is often misused. I spent 30 years in school holidays marking and planning work, grinding my teeth whenever people assumed I was on some beach somewhere.
Do teachers really do that lol, but regarding footballers they are a little different to teachers and I would say to much training or work is going on when they are in places like Dubai, I bet some see it as a lads holiday. Doing these so called warm weather training breaks should be as a reward for doing well through out the season, ours don't deserve that at this moment in time.

..linked with 16 year old Wolves midfielder, Owen Otasowie. We normall bring in a few highly rated youngsters. Low fee, low risk signings. This lad is an U18 USA international.

To clarify, he's not a U18 player for the US. He got called into camp in November, but he's never played a match with the US. He's listed as 6'2", which is interesting, but he's a defensive middy.

To be honest, the team looks so poor at over 21 level what else is there to be excited about?

Bolasie and Walcott ?

The players under 21 haven’t really shown anything apart from inconsistencies. They’re not world beaters, and certainly not overly excited about our youngsters because the majority won’t be here in a couple of years.

People like cadamateri, branch, Eaton, halls, O’Connor have all come through in years gone by, all looked half decent in a handful of games and all amounted to nothing in their professional career. Falling right down the leagues

Only Rooney and Barkley have been true talents; Unsworth, Ebbrell, Dunne, Osman etc all had a nice little careers without actually amounting to anything

Isn’t Kenedy a left winger? I’d prefer an actual left back myself.

He plays wingback in the Chelsea setup, so he's a left mid in many ways. He wasn't afraid to tackle someone, though, and he's not small. HORRIBLE neck tatoos, though, and could've gotten tossed for slapping a Norwich player. But he set Bats up for the goal and was pretty darn good during the match. Took corners, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back