January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s nailed it, and what both Rooney and Ross had. They just stood out; Ross had his confidence issues but he was a natural footballer.

Confidence matters and he had some great natural talent, but I still fail to see what position he really excelled at. His confidence seemed to destroy his game amongst other factors. Argue whether or not he was ever set up to succeed, that's fair, but we don't know what type of mentality Lookman has.

Fair points, but Lookman has shown some pretty good indicators that he can play. He destroyed Limassol, but obviously they weren't any good. Thought he helped change the Watford game around when he got in there. Would like to see him MORE, would've liked to see if he could cut it before we moved for Walcott, but he's not at Bolaisse or Walcott's level, yet, despite what some posters may have you believe. Those are the same posters that could've tell you the difference between an inside forward and expect wingers to turn quality defenders into turnstiles and whip in pinpoint crosses on guys heads at pace.

The issue I have with Lookman, and to a point Bolasie and Walcott, is there ability to do the simple things right. A natural footballer stands out like a mile, they look comfortable on the ball and they make it do the work.

Lookman for me is an impact sub, i can understand why he doesn’t get played because he’s liability with the ball. He’s ok running into acres but when the game gets compressed and tight he makes the wrong decision. He has games when this doesn’t occur, but it does more than it doesn’t. His natural pace will scare opponents and put them on the back foot.

Confidence matters and he had some great natural talent, but I still fail to see what position he really excelled at. His confidence seemed to destroy his game amongst other factors. Argue whether or not he was ever set up to succeed, that's fair, but we don't know what type of mentality Lookman has.
As a natural footballer Lookman doesn’t compare to Rooney or Barkley
Will he go on to be a better PL player than Barkley , only time will tell

The issue I have with Lookman, and to a point Bolasie and Walcott, is there ability to do the simple things right. A natural footballer stands out like a mile, they look comfortable on the ball and they make it do the work.

Lookman for me is an impact sub, i can understand why he doesn’t get played because he’s liability with the ball. He’s ok running into acres but when the game gets compressed and tight he makes the wrong decision. He has games when this doesn’t occur, but it does more than it doesn’t. His natural pace will scare opponents and put them on the back foot.
As we say in the over 55 indoor 5 a side
The ball doesn’t sweat
Someone once said
A world class player does the simple things well.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www..../12-brilliant-johan-cruyff-quotes-7621706.amp

We're building a nice little squad, so much so that you could argue our second team is worth more than most of the prem's first teams (INCLUDING OUR OWN)!, so if we go on recent form/selections, it's not inconcievable:

First Team
Pickford (£30m)
Coleman(60k) Holgate (£1.5m) Jagielka (£4m) Baines (£6m)
McCarthy (£13m) Gueye (£7m)
Walcott (£20m) Rooney (Free) Siggurdsson (£45m)
Tosun (£27m)

Total: £153.506m

Second Team

Robles (£2m)
Kenny (Free) Keane (£24m) Williams (£12m) Mori (£9.5m)
Klaassen (£24m) Schneiderlin (£26m)
Lookman (£11m) Vlasic (£10m) Bolasie (£27m)
Niasse (£13m)

Total: £158.5m

Lots of skullduggery for what? To show there's 300M invested in Everton's squad and they're still languishing mid-table?

Don't get the point of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back