January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was Chelsea’s best player according to what I previously posted, yet a bunch of other posters made up that he played poorly. He’s also playing left wing back.

Bernat hasn’t played more than a half playing back all year. Hasn’t played since November. And played wing when he did. He’s also a midget.
Idk why you brought up Bernat. I haven’t mentioned him at all. I’m just questioning your Motm shout and if Kenedy could be a successful left back. Every chance he could, but I don’t think he’s ever actually played the position traditionally. Wing back in Chelsea’s set up is a lot different than what we’d need out of a left back. And I honestly didn’t remember him in the cup match but when I look at player rankings he’s not seemingly at the top of the list.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.mirr...l/news/everton-2-0-chelsea-player-7546844.amp

...19 days into the January transfer window and here’s the rumour round-up for this Friday morning;

- According to The Daily Mail, Everton have made an approach to Bayern Munich for their 24 year old Spanish Left Back, Juan Bernat. Bernat is having to make do with an understudy role and has only played two games this campaign but it’s reported that Bayern are reluctant to sell the player mid-season.

- Turkish publication, Fanatik, says Fenerbahce are interested in taking Everton midfielder, Davy Klaassen, this January.

- ESPN report Newcastle are one of a number of clubs who are now interested in signing Everton winger, Aaron Lennon.

- Soccersouls website is another outlet linking Everton with a move for Lille striker, Martin Terrier. The young Frenchman is currently on loan at Strasbourg.

- The Liverpool Echo says Everton have firm interest in Lille defender Adama Soumaoro. Director of Football, Steve Walsh, and Chief Scout, Martyn Glover, apparently travelled to watch the 25 year old against Rennes on Wednesday night but the player pulled out of the game through injury. Lille are said to value the defender at £20m.

All of those would represent very good business, guess is the Klassen stuff will turn out to be a typical Turkish club offer which ends up being only actually a loan deal etc, rather absolutely swerve our players being linked with Turkey as frankly they mess about something massively on deals.

Bernat would be a very good acuistion, Soumaro - not ever seen him play, supposedly decent though, but coming back from that dreaded Achilles injury - which tbf for a cb prob isn't as much of a long term concern as say for a winger/striker type. Shares an agent with Gray/Ndidi and Lamina Kone though, so would say a good chance BFS/Walsh would do that deal given the chance - 18-20m seems massively steep for him though in reality

All of those would represent very good business, guess is the Klassen stuff will turn out to be a typical Turkish club offer which ends up being only actually a loan deal etc, rather absolutely swerve our players being linked with Turkey as frankly they mess about something massively on deals.

Bernat would be a very good acuistion, Soumaro - not ever seen him play, supposedly decent though, but coming back from that dreaded Achilles injury - which tbf for a cb prob isn't as much of a long term concern as say for a winger/striker type. Shares an agent with Gray/Ndidi and Lamina Kone though, so would say a good chance BFS/Walsh would do that deal given the chance - 18-20m seems massively steep for him though in reality

...thought it odd Soumaoro was injured when Walsh went to watch him. The cynic in me suggests he might not have been injured if a deal is close. Walsh might have wanted face-to-face negotiations with Lille given the players injury record (as you highlight). Also, I think Terrier plays for Lille (on loan at Strasbourg) so discussions might have involved both players.

All conjecture of course.

...thought it odd Soumaoro was injured when Walsh went to watch him. The cynic in me suggests he might not have been injured if a deal is close. Walsh might have wanted face-to-face negotiations with Lille given the players injury record (as you highlight). Also, I think Terrier plays for Lille (on loan at Strasbourg) so discussions might have involved both players.

All conjecture of course.

Yeah it does seem a weird trip to take to watch an injured player, interest in both players with Lille being in a bad financial mess, would suggest we would look to take advantage of that - wouldn't be shocked to see both players bought, with Terrier left on loan at Strasbourg the rest of the season.

Wouldn't shock at all to see both arriving for a moderate 20-25m fee combined (announced as a lot more with addons etc)

I would actually sign him on a free or for cheap. It's a no lose situation just like barkley was for Chelsea. I don't hate ross and he has all the talent in the world but he will never apply himself correctly to achieve his maximum potential. Wilshire is the same but with less natural ability imo
Ha. I actually quite rate him as regards his football skills despite him being a tit. I'd take him too as he offers something we dont currently have in our midfield. Also to wind Ross up when we play Chelsea as they clearly dont like each other. The only time I've seen him throw a full blooded challenge since he broke his leg was against Wilshire and he did it twice in the same match.

Typical Walsh.

Travels all that way to watch a player who isn’t even playing.

Muppet.

...as I said above, it might be the player was withdrawn because negotiations were taking place. We’ve been linked with him for months so I imagine he’s been well watched. Apparently we’re also interested in another Lille player, Martin Terrier, so it might just have been an opportunity to meet.

Saying that, Soumaoro could have been injured.

...19 days into the January transfer window and here’s the rumour round-up for this Friday morning;

- According to The Daily Mail, Everton have made an approach to Bayern Munich for their 24 year old Spanish Left Back, Juan Bernat. Bernat is having to make do with an understudy role and has only played two games this campaign but it’s reported that Bayern are reluctant to sell the player mid-season.

- Turkish publication, Fanatik, says Fenerbahce are interested in taking Everton midfielder, Davy Klaassen, this January.

- ESPN report Newcastle are one of a number of clubs who are now interested in signing Everton winger, Aaron Lennon.

- Soccersouls website is another outlet linking Everton with a move for Lille striker, Martin Terrier. The young Frenchman is currently on loan at Strasbourg.

- The Liverpool Echo says Everton have firm interest in Lille defender Adama Soumaoro. Director of Football, Steve Walsh, and Chief Scout, Martyn Glover, apparently travelled to watch the 25 year old against Rennes on Wednesday night but the player pulled out of the game through injury. Lille are said to value the defender at £20m.

Thanks mate once more for our daily dosage , SKY are saying Giroud looking for Arsenal exit ?

Why is it always Turkish clubs that want our cast offs?

Seeks a bit odd that

...as I said above, it might be the player was withdrawn because negotiations were taking place. We’ve been linked with him for months so I imagine he’s been well watched. Apparently we’re also interested in another Lille player, Martin Terrier, so it might just have been an opportunity to meet.

Saying that, Soumaoro could have been injured.

That maybe so, but it’s an easy pop at Walsh which seems to be the trend in here.

I like to be trendy.

Would be interesting to know what really happened though.

That is so Ev

Thanks mate once more for our daily dosage , SKY are saying Giroud looking for Arsenal exit ?

...yep, Chelsea mentioned in some Giroud articles. I imagine we were badly stung with Giroud in the summer and he wouldn’t be on our shopping list now that Tosun has arrived. Saying that, as somebody once said, ‘it’s a funny old game’.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back