January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Chelsea is making a bid for Emerson, surely we could take Kenedy off their hands, although some don't like him here because they thought he was gash 2 years ago against us in the cup in a match he was named MotM.

This is the most turbulent faze, reconciling regression to progression quickly to be compeitive for a CL spot as soon as possible, that is another key rung on the ladder.

Reconciling the short and long term plan, is a very bumpy ride and can be boom and bust and often marked by a huge amount of wasted money.

It’s a pathway traveled by both City and Chelsea.

Just swallow a thesaurus lad?

If Chelsea is making a bid for Emerson, surely we could take Kenedy off their hands, although some don't like him here because they thought he was gash 2 years ago against us in the cup in a match he was named MotM.
No mate. We don't like him cos his name is Kenedy and he's not an lb and he's gash and he's also never ever coming here. Like, never.

What? You talking about the 2-0 where Rom had a brace and was named MOTM?

Regarding Kenedy, might be great, but I've hardly seen him and certainly never seen him as a traditional left back. Seems talented though.

The players under 21 haven’t really shown anything apart from inconsistencies. They’re not world beaters, and certainly not overly excited about our youngsters because the majority won’t be here in a couple of years.

People like cadamateri, branch, Eaton, halls, O’Connor have all come through in years gone by, all looked half decent in a handful of games and all amounted to nothing in their professional career. Falling right down the leagues

Only Rooney and Barkley have been true talents; Unsworth, Ebbrell, Dunne, Osman etc all had a nice little careers without actually amounting to anything

Indeed, I’m potentially a great neurosurgeon. Maybe Zat will let me test my skills

True but you need to get them on the pitch to see how they perform. Vlasic and Lookman have not have many minutes and been better than others whove been picked every match.

And that’s the problem some posters ((Zatara mainly ) have.
You need a lot more than pure talent to be a top player.
You need a footballing brain ( ROSS ) ,you need determination (ROSS) you need bravery , a certain mindset a manager who believes in you and a bit of luck

Kenny, Lookman, Vlasic, Holgate, Baningime and Davies have already shown they are able to offer above average performances in the time they have spent on the pitch. They simply need games to show they can do it consistently ready for next season.

Instead total liabilities are playing in front of them.

I don't see anyone stating they will become 'top players'...referencing me then making that comment is incorrect.

What I want to see is these players get more games this season to showcase what they can do and then be coached to improve ready for next season.

The issue I have with Lookman, and to a point Bolasie and Walcott, is there ability to do the simple things right. A natural footballer stands out like a mile, they look comfortable on the ball and they make it do the work.

Lookman for me is an impact sub, i can understand why he doesn’t get played because he’s liability with the ball. He’s ok running into acres but when the game gets compressed and tight he makes the wrong decision. He has games when this doesn’t occur, but it does more than it doesn’t. His natural pace will scare opponents and put them on the back foot.

Agree with this. I think though, you can start Bolasie or him on the left.

We've seen bolasie before and after his injury and he really offered zero in the last game...liability.

Surely lookman deserves a go now.

You're talking out of your back end imo. No offence meant like.

Not really mate... Barkley has more natural talent IMO and comparing them at the age of 18-20 given the choice of one of them I would have taken barkley without a second thought. Wilshire isn't as talented IMO and has played in a decent side all his career . He has been "injured" a lot , has been seen out drinking when he shouldn't, caught smoking in the changing rooms at the emirates and was loaned out to Bournemouth and didn't really do much there apart from improving his appearances . There wasn't exactly a que of clubs chasing himeas there? Although not similar players in terms of attributes barkley and Wilshire are similar in wasted English talent.

God you must really hate Wilshire.

I would actually sign him on a free or for cheap. It's a no lose situation just like barkley was for Chelsea. I don't hate ross and he has all the talent in the world but he will never apply himself correctly to achieve his maximum potential. Wilshire is the same but with less natural ability imo

Regarding Kenedy, might be great, but I've hardly seen him and certainly never seen him as a traditional left back. Seems talented though.

Yeah mate... underdog wins a cup tie with the CF scoring a brace and the second he beats 4-5 players before slotting. The losing LB gets MOTM lol couldn't make it up.

He was Chelsea’s best player according to what I previously posted, yet a bunch of other posters made up that he played poorly. He’s also playing left wing back.

Bernat hasn’t played more than a half playing back all year. Hasn’t played since November. And played wing when he did. He’s also a midget.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back