Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haven't heard of any other outgoings but given we've now moved three out of the squad (assuming the Lennon deal has gone through) and we've only brought two in then you would hope the left back position is going to be addressed in this window.

As we are definitely interested in the Bayern left back I'm still expecting that this position is not going to be left unfilled in this window

..you have to think there’s substance in some of the links, including the Bayern LB, Soumaoro and Terrier from Lille and Konsa from Charlton. I wonder if they are lined up for summer (Bayern apparently don’t want to sell mid-season; Soumaoro has fitness to prove; Terrier is on loan at Strasbourg and Konsa is getting game time).

Perhaps the only way the situation changes is if another club forces our hand.

I don't buy Allardyce's words we've stopped for the window, seems like craftiness. I think we will still look to bring a left back in bt the priority will now probably be moving on Sandro, Niasse, Klaassen alongside Lennon who the manager doesn't really fancy. Once that is done, we may re-enter the market if something exceptional creeps up, particularly if we get a good offer for a player like Schneiderlin/Lookman/Vlasic.

I mean, that's crazy if he doesn't get another left back, or at least register Garbutt

We can't keep playing Martina out of place and who knows when Baines will be back

Why doesn't he at least go after an established player who can do a job like a Robbie Brady?

Galloway did a decent job at left back the other season, surely either him or Garbutt could do a job until Baines is back and we can upgrade in the summer?

Haven't heard of any other outgoings but given we've now moved three out of the squad (assuming the Lennon deal has gone through) and we've only brought two in then you would hope the left back position is going to be addressed in this window.

As we are definitely interested in the Bayern left back I'm still expecting that this position is not going to be left unfilled in this window

People are getting too hung up on bfs saying about no more business, the same bloke batted away a question about Lennon having interest with no expression that a move had obviously already been sorted.

I don't buy Allardyce's words we've stopped for the window, seems like craftiness. I think we will still look to bring a left back in bt the priority will now probably be moving on Sandro, Niasse, Klaassen alongside Lennon who the manager doesn't really fancy. Once that is done, we may re-enter the market if something exceptional creeps up, particularly if we get a good offer for a player like Schneiderlin/Lookman/Vlasic.
Yes I agree, I think we can take him finished buying in this window as a pinch of salt. I would be surprised to see at least 2 in, but that probably would depend on out goings, I do also think a couple of youngsters should go out on loan, for me that would be Baningame and DCL (some won't agree on DCL) but I'm not really sure he's up to the job in the PL, but whatever a few months away could do him the world of good.

People are getting too hung up on bfs saying about no more business, the same bloke batted away a question about Lennon having interest with no expression that a move had obviously already been sorted.
Yes I agree, as if they are going to tell us anything until it's well on its way being done, all he's being is coy.

...linked with striker Khouma Babacar from Fiorentina. Looks more likely he’s off to Crystal Palace.

The Reds reporting to have hijacked Everton’s move for Charlton defender Ezri Konsa.

Last edited:
Galloway did a decent job at left back the other season, surely either him or Garbutt could do a job until Baines is back and we can upgrade in the summer?

I’d rather play Kenny there than either of these two tbh. Both flopped in the Championship.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back