Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think what happens was Koeman got a pick and then Walsh got a pick. Neither men got on with each other so there was no coherent strategy.

What is worse is that looks like what has happened again this summer. Tosun was picked by Walsh and Walcott by Sam.

There's no way if Tosun was rated by Sam he would have been subbed after 60mins in his first 2 games or that Sam would have said what he did in the media when he answer the Niasse question.

I would actually like a decent coach to be brought in before we sell these players for massive losses. We haven't really tried them in another system other than defend deep and hoof.

Actually Sam tried to bring Tosun to Palace, so I believe Tosun is a Sam signing

Excellent call, we haven't replaced Ross, believed we had when we bought Klaassen in, and Jesus how wrong can you be!.

Still hopeful that Davies can do that job but he has stunk most of the season

I did say all along like I didn't know why people were thinking Klaassen was Ross' replacement :D

Some physicality would be nice in terms of winning the ball, but pace, control, and the ability to run with the ball up the field.

Matuidi would've been awesome when he was available this summer, even if he's old. That type of player. N'Zonzi is a bit too defensive, but with Gana he might take more risks. Doucoure is a younger version. That type of player is what we need in midfield.

Watch him against Atleti tonight if you get chance.

He was superb for Sevilla against them last week away from home. Controlled their play from deep and got forward when he could.

He was brilliant for them again at the weekend and Montella seems to be really keen to use him.

He's turned into one of the best all-round midfielders in LaLiga. He's very good on the ball, but because he played as a holding player for Stoke he's labelled as a defensive player.

He's not a playmaker in the typical sense but he's more than capable of controlling a game.

That being said, he had Nasri next to him last year and Banega this year to help then probe through defences. But I think we have that player in Rooney.

Nzonzi would bring a lot of what our midfield lacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back