January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tierney Sessegnon Bertrand Chilwell. Just stump up the money and get one of them.

...think of Southampton’s first goal last week when Baines didn’t have the pace or power to stop the runner. We need players with that physicality. I’ve only watched Chilwell closely for England youth and he looks rash to me, poking his foot in to tackles in his own box. I’m not convinced.

You go on about short termism.
Evertonians don't do long termism. Sick and tired of RK cheese head going on about projects and so on. Let's have an instant impact hopefully the positive kind.

Except it doesn't work without billions.

I'd love us to go out and sign Messi but we won't get him.

So if the choice is between 27-28 years olds like Sigurdsson and Bolasie for a combined £75m or some of the best 20-23 year old players in europe I'd go for the latter.

...think of Southampton’s first goal last week when Baines didn’t have the pace or power to stop the runner. We need players with that physicality. I’ve only watched Chilwell closely for England youth and he looks rash to me, poking his foot in to tackles in his own box. I’m not convinced.

You'd imagine between Walsh and Shakespeare they will have the measure of the lad and know if he could come in and do a job for us.

I like him, but I think his strength is going forward, so unless Sam wanted to buy him to play in front of Baines initially I can't see this as he seems a bit lightweight.

The kid Mendy at Lyon I was very impressed with and we were heavily linked with him. I suspect it might have been one Walsh watched and Koeman maybe didn't fancy. If we can get another player like that it may be an option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back