January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apparently de Vrij at Lazio has a £25 million release clause. That’s who we should be all over. No point getting into a bidding war for a player who really isn’t worth more than £50 million- if that.

Just about to say the same. Well, not the de Vrij bit (never seen him), but I don’t want to see us go down the “whatever the cost” route again, like we did with Koeman, Bolasie, Sigurdsson. It smacks of desperation & a lack of options.

Everything has a price. Set your limit & always have options.

And is VVD even that good???

I think people are being a little complacent after wins against two of the worst away sides in the league.

Priority signings (in order)

Centre back - ideally one who can be a mainstay for 5 years + alongside Keane in an organised defence
Attacker - ideally fast and strong in the air
Left back - long term replacement for Baines
Passing midfielder (although Rooney has slotted in there really well) - proper playmaker

My issue with this club is short termism. Do you trust a manager with a remit to survive this season with long term team building? Does Allardyce recruit players who best suit him or the long term direction of the club? He has already said he is in charge of transfers in which case what is the point of Walsh?
You go on about short termism.
Evertonians don't do long termism. Sick and tired of RK cheese head going on about projects and so on. Let's have an instant impact hopefully the positive kind.

Tory Deeney very underwhelming. I thought middling signings like that was a thing of the past. Smacks of David Moyes that.

Tell you what though, wouldn´t mind Lanzini off West Ham. Put him in a better side and he could be a real gem I think.

Just about to say the same. Well, not the de Vrij bit (never seen him), but I don’t want to see us go down the “whatever the cost” route again, like we did with Koeman, Bolasie, Sigurdsson. It smacks of desperation & a lack of options.

Everything has a price. Set your limit & always have options.

And is VVD even that good???
Good player de vrij, really thought koeman would go after him, I’m sure he gave him his debut.

Out of contract in the summer so can sign a pre-contract in jan. Wouldn’t surprise me if he’s already got a deal lined up. Chelsea’s maybe With them loosing luiz and Conte would have seen him in Italy.

Our best bet is signing out of favour players who will add quality and value for money but strength and height.

Centre back - MANGALA of Man City
Right age (26), Premiership experience and not used this season at City plus Palace got close to signing him last window.

Midfield - N’ZONZI of Seville.
Signed by Allardyce while Blackburn manager, vastly improved and £20-30m.

Forward - SLIMANI of Leicester.
Bought by Steve Walsh and worked with Shakespeare. Never played to his strengths at Leicester as target man.

Also register Garbutt for left back cover

Our best bet is signing out of favour players who will add quality and value for money but strength and height.

Centre back - MANGALA of Man City
Right age (26), Premiership experience and not used this season at City plus Palace got close to signing him last window.

Midfield - N’ZONZI of Seville.
Signed by Allardyce while Blackburn manager, vastly improved and £20-30m.

Forward - SLIMANI of Leicester.
Bought by Steve Walsh and worked with Shakespeare. Never played to his strengths at Leicester as target man.

Also register Garbutt for left back cover

Mangala is playing atm fam, hes regarded as 1 of the worst CBs in the league.

The other arent terrible like, but with regards Nzonzi, a very fine player, but we have DMs falling out the cupboards, unless we can shift 2 or 3 the last we need is another DM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back