January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
3 players (ST, LCB, LB) has to be the absolute minimum just to put right Koeman’s cock up.

We’ve got a fair bit of dead wood that we could move on with zero impact to the squad (Mirallas, McCarthy, Besic, Klaasen for starters).

Hopefully Big Sam realises he’s finally got his chance to play with a big budget & signs the best quality we can get. I’d rather fill the squad with kids than journeymen who can’t get a place in squads outside the top 6.

Are we going to get top 4-6? No. It would really be frustrating to see us go out and get an andy carroll, or Deeney. Id rather see DCL and Niasse get more time than those two clowns. Id like to see Dembele from celtic if we are going to have to over pay for January window. Id rather take youth and a bit of risk. We are going to stay up. We have so many players coming back. I just don't want to see SA come in and then we drop more cash for another rebuild. Its silly.

We have some good things going here.
Jon Joe
Vlasic
Davies
Beni
Niasse (super Sub)

I dont comment very much and maybe i just don't see it how it is. I would rather see us build something instead of going to the garage sale of the rest of the teams in the league.

We need two mate.. DCL isn't ready yet. And if we sign one striker and he flops or gets injured we are right back to where we are now
We need 1 top CF in January mate. It's not football manager, seeing people actually saying things like we need 6 new players when we are already having issues trying to get so many new players to gel and adjust. Regarding your point my opinion is that we have Niasse, DCL, Rooney, Sandro and "insert new CF" who can all fill in that role. Sandro needs a season to adjust, Rooney is better deeper but they can fill in there if it so happens that Niasse, DCL and "insert new CF" all somehow end up injured, which is unlikely.

Just been on Talk Sport that we have identified a striker for the transfer window... No clues who though. Probably lazy journalism.
There has been a rumour on twitter about Kevin Gameiro, coming on loan. Probably bull and with being 5ft7. Doesn’t seem sam’s type of forward. Very good player though

There has been a rumour on twitter about Kevin Gameiro, coming on loan. Probably bull and with being 5ft7. Doesn’t seem sam’s type of forward. Very good player though
Defoe isn't exactly a giant. Could have legs that. Seen it somewhere else myself a few days before Sam was appointed. Maybe Walsh is heading up that move. He's not a young player though is he, I think he's over 30.

Troy deeney talkwaffle put two & two together and come up with “our sources say”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back