January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goals after 15 games last season= 19
Goals after 15 games this season =19

We need 1 centre forward tops. Niasse and DCL have both proven they can be affective when required, and sandro will have hopefully settled abit better too

We need two mate.. DCL isn't ready yet. And if we sign one striker and he flops or gets injured we are right back to where we are now

CB
LB
Striker

That would be plenty for January. We have enough about us to get goals, one more striker is enough, and then another in the summer. At least Sam says he is aware of the positions that need strengthening, hopefully its obvious.

It is not just individual positions as has been said often enough here, over the next 2-3 windows we must add more players with pace, physical presence, height, and athleticism.

The squad is so badly skewed and distorted both positionally and in these attributes.

CB
LB
Striker

That would be plenty for January. We have enough about us to get goals, one more striker is enough, and then another in the summer. At least Sam says he is aware of the positions that need strengthening, hopefully its obvious.

It is not just individual positions as has been said often enough here, over the next 2-3 windows we must add more players with pace, physical presence, height, and athleticism.

The squad is so badly skewed and distorted both positionally and in these attributes.

Be great if we got could get those.

Be chuffed if we could get rid of Mirallas too.

CB - ideally left sided, who is comfortable on the ball.
LB - ideally someone who is fast and comfortable playing wing-back (opposite Coleman to allow the change to 3-5-2 when required)
CF - badly someone who can hold up the ball and is a goal threat. Despite impressing so far, and scoring on Saturday, DCL doesn't look like a natural goalscorer.

I really really hope our transfer policy doesn't become like the typical Relegation / Big Sam style January sales event - proven, older, journeyman players in for a short-term fix. I really think, agreeing with other people, that if we just fix LB, CF and CB we'll be better off continuing with the younger players we have and developing the team play and their own experience. It'll see us to 7th place definitely!

Offload Schneiderlin, Besic or Mcarthy, Williams, Mirallas and that shoudl raise around 30M as well

How things change so quickly, Koulibaly, Mata, VVD, Costa, supposedly Cavani to Nzonzi and Deeney. Welcome to the new Bolton and the new Kevin Davies.
They may be decent signings but say goodbye to Europe for a few years.

Good Eve MrFrandhassenOrly.

Im still in a "all our players are gobshites sell them all kinda mood", but considering we need a squad I would be looking at purchasing a ST, CB and a LB, the following players should be punted as a matter of urgency :

Mirallas
SniderRat
McRatthy
Robles

We could prolly get 40m from utter desperate ferrets for those 4.

Then youve got the following players who could possibly be punted provided we replaced them :

Besic - If Big Sam isnt gonna play him we should sell him, I love the boy but hes better than sitting on a bench at some no mark club
Asher Williams - He hates us, most people hate him, he needs to go, I dont hate him for the record, but hes a bit poo
Ross Barkley - Ive put him here, not cos I want rid, but if we can get dough now, it would probably be prudent to get dough, rip the band aid OFF
Martina - Posted without comment
Klaassen - If hes really not up to the league, bail him, I personally think he hasnt really been given time to settle, but meh
Sandro - See above

I would also be looking to loan out Lookman and DCL, provided of course we could replace them within the squad, both need 90minutes every week, DCL is doing a decent job, but he needs to play every second and he needs to get better, its not a slight on either player, just I personally think a loan somewhere would be tip top for both.

Thats what I would do anyway.

I agree with most of that , but my god it will cost us a few quid to replace that lot, even if they are not not up standard, getting decent players in would be expensive and the big question is " will Moshiri hand over the wonga in January and let Sam loose with it?"

If Besic could stay injury free i'd keep him as he can cover at CB
Sandro hasn't been given a fair chance IMO, i'd keep him too

Goals after 15 games last season= 19
Goals after 15 games this season =19

We need 1 centre forward tops. Niasse and DCL have both proven they can be affective when required, and sandro will have hopefully settled abit better too

We’re trying to push on aren’t we? Need much more quality if that’s to happen anytime soon. Our front options are miles behind the top 6 which is supposedly where we want to be.

With Big SAM Being friends with Steve walsh, and also have Shakespeare here, I'm expecting the indentfying of players to go much more smoothly from now on.

I take it that they will all be singing from the same hymn sheet, instead of deliberating over potential targets for weeks on end.

CB - ideally left sided, who is comfortable on the ball.
LB - ideally someone who is fast and comfortable playing wing-back (opposite Coleman to allow the change to 3-5-2 when required)
CF - badly someone who can hold up the ball and is a goal threat. Despite impressing so far, and scoring on Saturday, DCL doesn't look like a natural goalscorer.

I agree. Calvert-Lewin defo needs some help, he’s only a young lad and he will be very good when he’s older.

We could do with someone to weigh in with a few goals and take the pressure off him in matches, especially when he’s up against some yard dog defenders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back