January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We dont need 6 players in January, for starters we dont need a right back in the slightest, we dont need two strikers we need realistically at this point in the season need one more, we don't need two centre backs we need one, we do need a left back as well off.

3 players are NEEDED and January is for just that, to fix the major holes not to complete the team, that will be having to wait hopefully at least until summer.

Mate we need two strikers that not even up for debate IMO

Although we won't no get relegated, Everton are taking a bold, firm step backwards . At the end of this season our first team is likely to be worse than the team we had last year (lukaku, Del boy, Barkley)- we have gone from challenging for top 4-6 to bang average mid/bottom half table prem team- quite a feat with all the money we spent (and deeney will be at least 25 m , due to january window and our desperation).
Wouldnt go that far to be honest. We always needed 3 or 4 transfer windows to sort the dross out. The signings me made will come good but they'll take time to settle a luxury we cant afford. The trouble is the so called sky 6 have been building for years again a luxury we havent had.

It really is up for debate though, niasse has shown he can make an impact from a bench, DCL is a player who is steadily improving with the more games gea playing and can do a very specific role in some games very well. Both of them should still feature during this season in games.

You say we need two strikers, exactly why do we, we play one up front almost always, and that won't change under allardyce.

So we sign two, then one I'd effectively signing in as a backup - the type of striker we could attract to do that would not be better than what we have already at the club.

It really is up for debate though, niasse has shown he can make an impact from a bench, DCL is a player who is steadily improving with the more games gea playing and can do a very specific role in some games very well. Both of them should still feature during this season in games.

You say we need two strikers, exactly why do we, we play one up front almost always, and that won't change under allardyce.

So we sign two, then one I'd effectively signing in as a backup - the type of striker we could attract to do that would not be better than what we have already at the club.

All the top sides have a minimum of 3 strikers to play one upfront. Need competition & albilty to rotate without losing quality. The nearer the top you get the more important it is that every player is 100% on their game.

We could regain that 7th spot this season with maybe just 3 players (Striker, CB, LB), but if the club has ambition, we need more in & top quality.

Goals after 15 games last season= 19
Goals after 15 games this season =19

We need 1 centre forward tops. Niasse and DCL have both proven they can be affective when required, and sandro will have hopefully settled abit better too

Very good and very true post

Goals after 15 games last season= 19
Goals after 15 games this season =19

We need 1 centre forward tops. Niasse and DCL have both proven they can be affective when required, and sandro will have hopefully settled abit better too

Yet another example of how the league panic was massively overblown. I think mainly because we had to experience the Europa and league cup failures in the same period.

One last jolly in Cyprus and it is clear running for the rest of the season. If we can get 4 or 6 points from the next two we are setup for 30+ points in the second half of the season

the Europa league has a lot to answer for.

it basically rules out you having a proper preseason.

its not just us that have felt the consequences, most teams struggle when starting their season in mid july.

Sigurdsson didn't even have a pre-season as it was, and I'm thinking he is just getting to full fitness now

Yet another example of how the league panic was massively overblown. I think mainly because we had to experience the Europa and league cup failures in the same period.

One last jolly in Cyprus and it is clear running for the rest of the season. If we can get 4 or 6 points from the next two we are setup for 30+ points in the second half of the season

You do know the next game is the anfield derby dont you mate?
100% agree with the hypo head falling off 'we are in a relegation battle' guff though.
Not once did i think we were in any way going to go down. And if i hear one more time we have missed lukaku's goals i will scream!!!!
Its the poor defending and our best midfielder turning into a snake that has made us look poor this season (and the almost impossible start we were given, which i actually think was done on purpose when you look at the starts utd and city had)

I think people are being a little complacent after wins against two of the worst away sides in the league.

Priority signings (in order)

Centre back - ideally one who can be a mainstay for 5 years + alongside Keane in an organised defence
Attacker - ideally fast and strong in the air
Left back - long term replacement for Baines
Passing midfielder (although Rooney has slotted in there really well) - proper playmaker

My issue with this club is short termism. Do you trust a manager with a remit to survive this season with long term team building? Does Allardyce recruit players who best suit him or the long term direction of the club? He has already said he is in charge of transfers in which case what is the point of Walsh?

You do know the next game is the anfield derby dont you mate?
100% agree with the hypo head falling off 'we are in a relegation battle' guff though.
Not once did i think we were in any way going to go down. And if i hear one more time we have missed lukaku's goals i will scream!!!!
Its the poor defending and our best midfielder turning into a snake that has made us look poor this season (and the almost impossible start we were given, which i actually think was done on purpose when you look at the starts utd and city had)

I meant we have one more European game left before it is no longer a concern. Also it is Apollon on Thursday.

Not convinced on fixture list shenanigans but agree that we had a very tough start which meant we never had any real form or momentum. The Southampton / Atalanta performances were a disgrace regardless of when they had come in the season, though.

I think we do miss Lukaku though; the opposition were terrified of him in a way that they just aren't (yet) of DCL and Niasse.

Going off @bluestevon 's post elsewhere, I am expecting our forward line options to be after January

1. High class, obvious first choice pick
2. DCL
3. Niasse
4. Sandro

2-4 changing order as they react to new coaching.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back