January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Except it doesn't work without billions.

I'd love us to go out and sign Messi but we won't get him.

So if the choice is between 27-28 years olds like Sigurdsson and Bolasie for a combined £75m or some of the best 20-23 year old players in europe I'd go for the latter.

I agree with you, but in many ways you've seen the difficulties of this plan over the last 4/5 months. We've had lots of players under 22 playing for us and have all struggled at the same time. It's an unforgiving league and unless you have top draw players in the older age bracket your younger lads can be badly exposed.

Currently in or very close to the first team we have Kenny, Holgate, Davies, Beni, Vlasic, Lookman and DCL all of them are under 21. You also have Dowell and possibly Williams/Connolly at a push who may come back and get involved. There's a lot of talent there and I can understand why that might not be the priority currently. Or why some short term signings may be ok if it helps some of the younger players.

Premier League survival is key, I don't think we NEED a striker to stay up. A LB and CB, absolutely. WHEN Fat Sam is gone in the summer I don't want to see a bunch of his crap here after.

We dont need ANY players to stay up, the squad we currently have is good enough to stay up and you also need to accept the reality that unless he totally shits the bed, Sam is here for at least the next 18months.

We have a DoF who should be involved with the transfers.

Premier League survival is key, I don't think we NEED a striker to stay up. A LB and CB, absolutely. WHEN Fat Sam is gone in the summer I don't want to see a bunch of his crap here after.

Pack it in with this doomongering. we are not in a relegation fight and nor will we be. Some folk neee to get a grip!

Pack it in with this doomongering. we are not in a relegation fight and nor will we be. Some folk neee to get a grip!
It's not "doom mongering", it's just fact. At this point I don't THINK we'll be relegated or down in that mire, but there is no point in going way out to get a player in January. Good players typically don't move then.

It's not "doom mongering", it's just fact. At this point I don't THINK we'll be relegated or down in that mire, but there is no point in going way out to get a player in January. Good players typically don't move then.
I think we are more likely to go with loan to buy players, like you have said really good players don't move in January.
I wouldn't be surprised at some lower league players either, they would sign because the Everton name might still mean something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back