Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you see him do this against Spurs?

I set up a fantasy team every year and give up by week 2 every year aswell, kinda ruins watching football for me a bit.

Didn't see that no.

I do it every year and have won 6 of the last 7 in my league however, one crap set of results and Everton losing is a double whammy and can ruin your weekend.

I think the other side of that discussion is that possibly there may be a mature conversation at Bristol about the opportunity that a move to Everton would provide.
A conversation about career, prospects, premiership football and not just a conversation about money and agents fees.

Or he and has family may simply ask the question - " When is Sam Allardyce leaving the club " and base all of their decisions on that.

Lets face it, if he was your own lad, would you want him to play for Everton under Allardyce ?

It is comical mate it really is. Unless baines springs back fit any time soon then essentially the club's plan is to play right backs there and hope for the best. Suprised we don't ask Theo or Cenk to fill in there also
not even just a right back but with Coleman coming back he'd be our 4th choice RB behind Coleman, Kenny and probably Holgate. Like you say unless Baines suddenly appears 100% fit and ready to go then we're basically handycapping our selves every game.

Or he and has family may simply ask the question - " When is Sam Allardyce leaving the club " and base all of their decisions on that.

Lets face it, if he was your own lad, would you want him to play for Everton under Allardyce ?
I would be as happy to see him play under Allyrdyce as a lot of other managers.

I simply don't buy into all the rubbish that is written about him here.
I don't think he will be a very long term appointment but quite honestly the reaction to him here has gone way beyond the bounds of reason... in my opinion.

This is true.

I'd still say that if we really want Bryan then he could be gettable purely as a) it's Bristol who, while I know they're not desperate for money, a big enough offer would certainly turn their heads, b) he doesn't play left-back exclusively and is often ahead of Magnusson, c) they are out of the cup and while I understand they're pushing for promotion, he may well be swayed by a wage offer and the chance to be a PL regular

You might want that, others might, but a lot on here wish for something fancy.

I would be as happy to see him play under Allyrdyce as a lot of other managers.

I simply don't buy into all the rubbish that is written about him here.
I don't think he will be a very long term appointment but quite honestly the reaction to him here has gone way beyond the bounds of reason... in my opinion.

Leaving out my own opinion of him.

Simple question.

If your son had the potential to be a Premier League footballer and had no ties to the North West / Everton, would you want him to play under Allardyce?

Or would you rather he earned the same money and played for a more forward thinking manager ?

Last edited:
Leaving out my own opinion of him.

Simple question.

If your son had the potential to be a Premier League footballer and had no ties to the North West / Everton, would you want him to play under Allerdyce?

Or would you rather he earned the same money and played for a more forward thinking manager ?

Did said father vote brexit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back