January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
People think getting in yoots is looking to the future, we dont need to look to the future, we need to look to the present, buy players ready to go, we have more than enough inconsistent young lads stinking the gaff out.

This 100%, cant understand people having a go at Iceland because of his price, need to build the team around this guy as he is in his prime NOW, not in 3 years maybe.

Same for Bolaise, having a go because of the price, he was our most creative player two months AFTER he was injured, hopefully he will come back strong as every

Back page of today's People have him up for sale at £50m :) ......... Luke Shaw would be cheaper and has a point to prove fitness willing.

Thought Charlie Austin put in a decent shift today v Bournemouth. Possibly a better option than Deeney?

Unfortunately Luke Shaw has ruled out a move to Everton as he has just signed a three year deal with a new "boy" band

I would take 14m, 10 for Barkley, 3 for Sandro, 2m for Macarthy, 1m for Besic, 30m right there from players that wont be missed
Realistically we'd get 15-20 for Klassen, 15 for Ross, 5 for Sandro, 15 for McCarthy and between 5-7 for Besic. That's a lot of cash for players surplus to requirements!

This 100%, cant understand people having a go at Iceland because of his price, need to build the team around this guy as he is in his prime NOW, not in 3 years maybe.

Same for Bolaise, having a go because of the price, he was our most creative player two months AFTER he was injured, hopefully he will come back strong as every

Both players are great, we got them for the right prices, only Ciggie hasnt had a chance to do anything because of Koeman, but over the last two games has been looking top draw

Ben Mee and Luke Shaw would be really good signings but think it’s more likely we end up with Daley Blind to cover both positions. I personally think that full back and centre half are our biggest concerns but can only see us signing either a cb or a lb for some reason.
I can see us being in for Wiltshire if Barkley is off too, again not what I would want but think it follows the trend of getting an English asset and then hope someone else comes in and pays over the odds to meet their quota.
Would be happyish with Slimani as a forward but definitely not Carroll or Deeney. Could see us going for Vardy even though he isn’t the hold up style most expect us to go for with our ex Leicester boys here.
Daley Blind would be a wonderful signing. Luke Shaw would be a big no - he's better off to China or USA for the money.
Wiltshire is fine, if he can stay fit.
Would be happier with Carroll than Slimani or Deeney - Carroll means we have a valid plan B or demo squad.

Realistically we'd get 15-20 for Klassen, 15 for Ross, 5 for Sandro, 15 for McCarthy and between 5-7 for Besic. That's a lot of cash for players surplus to requirements!
10 at best for Klassen, and we can keep him as Ross must go. Barkley would probably be decided by Tribunal, he's in a spurs shirt already. (just remember we don't repeat the mistake for Gosling). Sandro should be staying. McCarthy and Besic still has some part in a future - We should hold out for the right price.

Other than the purported Daley Blind we don't need to actually bring anyone in until Summer.

Back page of today's People have him up for sale at £50m :) ......... Luke Shaw would be cheaper and has a point to prove fitness willing.

Thought Charlie Austin put in a decent shift today v Bournemouth. Possibly a better option than Deeney?

...the only problem with Austin is his injury record. I understand he failed a medical at one club. I’m always wary of the value in signing players who spend so much time out injured. If I remember rightly, his preference is to remain in the South.

I would do my utmost for Bertrand.

Can't see where he goes in the top six so we're next best option.
Very good shout indeed. Think he's 28 so has probably three years at his peak left. That said, it's only three years so we shouldn't be looking at paying way over the odds. 15-20m would be able right in today's climate..

Deeney and Carroll being seriously discussed, what is going on.
correct.
Benteke will be top of the Striker list for January.
Koeman tried a couple of time to sign him in the Summer, but now we have Fat Sam that should be enough to tip the balance given the way he set the team up for him at Palace.
He'll have 6th months until Summer as our number one striker then demoted to a support role when Moshi comes good on his promise of Cavani

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back