January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wish people would stop suggesting target men just because we were linked with loads in the summer, even Giroud, world class player but not what we need

This team teams needs a quick powerful forward who will try to get in behind and drag defences around to allow Rooney, Sigurdsson etc the space to make stuff happen

I'd go for Welbeck tbh

Wish people would stop suggesting target men just because we were linked with loads in the summer, even Giroud, world class player but not what we need

This team teams needs a quick powerful forward who will try to get in behind and drag defences around to allow Rooney, Sigurdsson etc the space to make stuff happen

I'd go for Welbeck tbh
Yep. We need that as striker target number one.

Still, I wouldn't mind an option off the bench we can make use of who is a real aerial threat and a change of pace if we're struggling to break teams down. There has to be a decent priced forward out there who can come in and do that.

WHY would anybody consider buying Carroll with his injury record?

Actual Apps Possible Apps
17/18
gb1.png
Premier League
379_1464675286.png
8 15
16/17
gb1.png
Premier League 18 38
15/16
gb1.png
Premier League 27 38
14/15
gb1.png
Premier League 14 38
13/14
gb1.png
Premier League 15 38
12/13
gb1.png
Premier League 24 38
12/13
gb1.png
Premier League 2 38
11/12
gb1.png
Premier League 35 38
10/11
gb1.png
Premier League 7 38
10/11
gb1.png
Premier League 19 38
09/10
gb2.png
Championship 39 46
08/09
gb1.png
Premier League 14 38
07/08
gb1.png
Premier League 4 38
07/08
gb2.png
Championship 11 46
06/07
gb1.png
Premier League 4 38

Total 241 of a possible 569

He's absolutely turd as well when he plays.

Yep. We need that as striker target number one.

Still, I wouldn't mind an option off the bench we can make use of who is a real aerial threat and a change of pace if we're struggling to break teams down. There has to be a decent priced forward out there who can come in and do that.
Agree with this 100% Dave. Personally wouldn't mind going after Dembele, my only doubt is bringing in another young player to what is already a very inexperienced squad.

Can I just say your avatar is looking very fetching with the bauble earings:)

I'd go for Welbeck tbh
If we sign Welbeck it’s time for Everton to liquidate.

There’ll be players wanting firat team football for the World Cup. We could potentially give that at LB and Striker. We’re now probably not going to be in a relegation battle so the combination of money and opportunity should be used to get good players in. I’d prefer a pacey tricky striker up top rather than a lumbering target man.

I'd go for Welbeck tbh

Agreed with all that, until the last part

All the top sides have a minimum of 3 strikers to play one upfront. Need competition & albilty to rotate without losing quality. The nearer the top you get the more important it is that every player is 100% on their game.

We could regain that 7th spot this season with maybe just 3 players (Striker, CB, LB), but if the club has ambition, we need more in & top quality.

All the top sides have a minimum of 3 strikers, really?

Spurs have Kane and Llorente - who else is a natural striekr in that squad?
Liverpool are playing an attacking mid as first choice up top, besides that they have Sturridge (perma crock) Solanke (hardly played any games at this level) and Ings (perma injured)
United - Lukaku is the only player Mourinho trusts up front - and now Ibra obviously (Rashford and MArtial he polays as wingers not striekrs)
Chelsea - Moratta was injured and Conte played Hazzard up top rathewr than their second choice striker Batshuayi, besides for him they don't have any others
City have Aguerro and Jesus - who is their third striker option?

Liverpool are playing an attacking mid as first choice up top, besides that they have Sturridge (perma crock) Solanke (hardly played any games at this level) and Ings (perma injured)
United - Lukaku is the only player Mourinho trusts up front - and now Ibra obviously (Rashford and MArtial he polays as wingers not striekrs)
Chelsea - Moratta was injured and Conte played Hazzard up top rathewr than their second choice striker Batshuayi, besides for him they don't have any others

The top sides get goals from everywhere, not always over reliant on the forwards. It's nice to have 2/3 strikers to call on in case of injury but look at Spurs and the Trickys across the park - getting goals from wingers (Son, Salah, Firmino).

The one thing they do have, mind, is that focal point - what we now miss without Lukaku.

What Koeman tried to do by replacing Lukaku in the aggregate with 3/4 players is a half decent idea but done incorrectly and you've seen how it works.

Mangala - Pep likes to shake things up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back