Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ll be honest Stevo, it’s probably not even him I’ll miss. It’s his style of midfielder. Who can pick it up and make an attack.

Despite sighing 37 players who should be able to do that, one has no legs (Rooney), one can only take 1 in 43 good set pieces (Gylfo) and the other looks like he’s the kid you pick last at school for every single sport (Davy).

Essentially I want us to get Gazza back here.

It's why i said about Dzagoev a year or so ago, and why I'd not mind Turan or Gaitan here, all can actually create a bit of excitement, me myself would love to have Andy Kanchelskis back really.

or a peak Trevor Steven would be nice as well...

It's not an agenda if he end up at Chelsea for 15 million this month it's as good as a fact that he waited till January to garantee himself a bigger Signing on fee with Chelsea while Everton miss out on millions. I don't need an agenda am an Everton fan an i was a big fan off Ross but I want what's best for my club.

A fact, yeah? Behave. Is there not a possibility he maybe, might of, sorta wanted a little while longer to think about his future rather than be pressured into one by 11pm that very night?

Will miss Ross, wished he signed a new contract however to claim your opinion as fact and as a result make him a villain is bizarre.

I’ll be honest Stevo, it’s probably not even him I’ll miss. It’s his style of midfielder. Who can pick it up and make an attack.

Despite sighing 37 players who should be able to do that, one has no legs (Rooney), one can only take 1 in 43 good set pieces (Gylfo) and the other looks like he’s the kid you pick last at school for every single sport (Davy).

Essentially I want us to get Gazza back here.

..funny you say that, when Vlasic played centrally against Arsenal he did the ‘Barkley things’. His running style reminded me lots of Wilshire with his low Centre of gravity, he went past people and made ground. He gave the ball away the led to an Arsenal goal but I thought the performance showed real potential.

Seen some comparassions to Rooney leaving and even some about Stones and Lukaku moving.

The former went to the best team in the country by a mile with the best manager in football at the time as a central figure they would have the team around for ten years and more and for a then record fee for a teenager having taken an international tournament by storm.

Stones went for a domestic record for a defender to the best team in the country with the best manager in football with a reputation for bringing through young players and turning them into special players and went as the player they would build their defence around

Lukaku went for a domestic transfer record for a player, to one of the biggest teams in the world and to one of the best managers of the past 15 years and has gone as the main focal point of their attack

Barkley is going to a club who will probably have a different manager in 6 months time, and another one within 1-2 years after that, which has a reputation for buying and not playing English players and where much more proven players are lucky to get starts than him.

Will we miss him - yup, will Chelsea even play him very much - probably not.

Removing any bitter feelings about this, can see him being there for 2-3 seasons - playing only games in order to rest the established players before big games before being shipped off to a Newcastle, Stoke calibre team, which ultimately is the saddest part of the entire thing. gonna be another utter waste of a good and still young player

As ever, well put and a fine perspective. All a bit sad really.

It's why i said about Dzagoev a year or so ago, and why I'd not mind Turan or Gaitan here, all can actually create a bit of excitement, me myself would love to have Andy Kanchelskis back really.

or a peak Trevor Steven would be nice as well...
We need players who can carry the ball up the pitch and create, right now right now we have a squad full of ball winners.

..funny you say that, when Vlasic played centrally against Arsenal he did the ‘Barkley things’. His running style reminded me lots of Wilshire with his low Centre of gravity, he went past people and made ground. He gave the ball away the led to an Arsenal goal but I thought the performance showed real potential.

There is a bit of it in Vlasic I think. Probably needs more time. And to grow an inch or two. And get a bit quicker.

In fact sell him.

A fact, yeah? Behave. Is there not a possibility he maybe, might of, sorta wanted a little while longer to think about his future rather than be pressured into one by 11pm that very night?

Will miss Ross, wished he signed a new contract however to claim your opinion as fact and as a result make him a villain is bizarre.
Am not trying to make Ross Barkley a villain I haven't even labeled him a rat. I said I could see why he gets called a rat because it seems like a rat move especially if he does in fact end up at Chelsea. I also wish he signed a new contract he's a class player but You have your opinion I have mine you have found an excuse to why he didn't go to Chelsea in the summer because he needed more time to think about his future am pretty confident he knew well before then that his future wasn't at Everton an he wasn't signing an new contract.

If Danny Drinkwater is getting game time mate, Ross is going to get game time too.

Played 350 minutes in the league fro Chelsea mate, so over the season should amass about 500 minutes this season Drinkwater should.

or the equivalent of 5 and a half full games, has played two full league games at home to Newcastle and Stoke, so key games ;)

From what I can remember Ross has a good game in 3-4 matches. I think he will find it difficult to sustain a place in the Spurs or Chelsea team.

Chelsea have Hazard and Willian and Spurs with Ericsson Dembele and Lamala so I wish him luck going up against that.

Does anyone really know why his off ? The last I heard he didn’t like Koeman having a pop at him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back