Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair enough, for me all the kids need games...including vlasic in that.

This season is petering out anyway and we need them to have as much experience as possible, ready for next season.

Next season they wont be virgins but know what level they need to raise their game to.
This season is petering out? Just wait until Spurs stuff us and we drop a few places.then rethink that.

This season is petering out? Just wait until Spurs stuff us and we drop a few places.then rethink that.
We drop one spot at most if we lose to Spurs, and if we lose after that -- at home to West Brom -- we'll have dropped *at worst* two spots, assuming the juggarnauts at Leicester and Watford have won both their games. We're not going down. We have a better chance of 7th than 17th.

Edit: I suck at math, but stand by my final conclusion! We're not going down.

Last edited:
Incase. It posted....

Would be very happy with Dembele. As well as Tosun.

Attachments

• A1848066-5672-4B40-9243-C3A83512CC24.webp
    A1848066-5672-4B40-9243-C3A83512CC24.webp
    45.7 KB · Views: 226
Day 7 of the January transfer window and STILL NO LEFT BACK SIGNED.

DISGRACEFUL.

Am i the only one who can see that Martina, god bless him, is just not up to playing Premier league football, even in his correct position.

We have been crying out for a left back since August the 31st.

We knew, the previous manager knew, the board must have known that if Leighton got an injury we were in trouble in that position.

There was no attempt at all to bring in cover in the summer.

There was no attempt to even bring in a free agent after the deadline in August.

IMO opinion we should have had a left back lined up to sign 7 days ago.

All the focus has been on a striker, but our left hand side has been turgid, we cannot play an attacking left winger because he has to cover Cuco all the time, therefore we effectively play 2 left backs in every game, so reducing our attacking threat.

FFS WALSH , PULL YOUR FINGER OUT OF YOUR FAT ARSE AND START EARNING YOUR CONSIDERABLE WAGES.

Rant over. :coffee:

we won't buy another striker this jan. We'll get one in the summer for hopefully the same sort of fee we paid for siggurdsson. Not writing off tosun of course, but we need a proper big name striker. Would like bas dost and his height combining with siggy.

mawson is in no way good enough for us. I really like him, but he's at the right level atm.

Mawson, another overpriced player from a club constantly battling relegation.

Have we learned nothing?

We bought the top scorer from a CL side in January and people flipped their lids. There’s honestly not a transfer Everton could make that wouldn’t receive condemnation on here. Mawson is a good player. If the price is right he’s a better option than Jags and Williams.

It makes me laugh at kopites moaning about the net spend under FSG. Who cares what your net spend is, if you’ve improved your team. Would the kopites prefer the expenditure of united, which seems similar to us in many aspects. A number of players brought in for big money, but no real semblance of a strategy of how to implement these players, within a cohesive system.

They've spent more than united in the last couple of years.

B
We drop one spot at most if we lose to Spurs, and if we lose after that -- at home to West Brom -- we'll have dropped *at worst* two spots, assuming the juggarnauts at Leicester and Watford have won both their games. We're not going down. We have a better chance of 7th than 17th.

Edit: I suck at math, but stand by my final conclusion! We're not going down.
Beaten at Bournemouth lucky to scrape a point at WBA.I admire your confidence.

We have been linked with Rahman the left full back from Chelsea. I wonder if there is any truth in these rumours. He suffered a cruciate injury at the AFCON and has been out for 11 months, but is now back to full fitness. Maybe a loan with an option to buy in the summer would suit all parties.

He kicks with his left foot doesn't he mate? If so........SIGN SIGN SIGN!!!!!

I don’t think we will see any further permanent signings in this window.

January is not the month to do serious business unless you are absolutely desperate.

We were desperate for a striker.

I don’t think we will see any further permanent signings in this window.

January is not the month to do serious business unless you are absolutely desperate.

We were desperate for a striker.

I think the current window is becoming the best opportunity to invest. What is £35m now could well be £50m in the summer when the next stupid fee is agreed and distorts the market.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back