Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Allardyce loves signing from the French league, has done with every prem team he has has. I see him dipping into it again for defence reinforcement. Wasn't a lad named Adama Soumaoro linked around Christmas? Bit of a random name to throw in, similar to Cenk.

Holgate + Keane + ANnother + Feeney

That should be our 4 CBs next season...

Coleman + Kenny on the right

2 new left backs signed.

Not a massive signing spree really, 3 players and the defence is sorted...and Allardyce seems decent at picking defenders.
The other will probably be Williams anyway, I can live with that for another season provided Keane comes back into form as Sam has managed to get Williams playing OK again. Would love a man mountain to be paired with Holgate though like Sane or Vestergard, especially for games like agaisnt the RS, one of those big grocks on VVD and that goal wasn't going in.

Interesting this transfer business. One in and Barkley, Mirallas, Niasse out plus a couple of young players, but no more hard info on any incoming. So looks like a net out of 4 ATM.

The Leicester situation can't really be used as a template can it... it was a lottery win never to happen again. Using that strategy will almost always end in disaster

Which is why I said lightning is unlikely to strike twice in the same place, but it did work and spectacularly at that. When you consider who we have in our employ then it looks like we are using Leicester as a template.

I think making a sweeping appraisal that every player in the bottom half is to be avoided is more than a bit blinkered.

It could also be argued that the Leicester situation wasn’t a fluke and that it was a strategic masterstroke, but its been proven to be the result of a lot of things, internal and external from the club. Following it is u likely to bring the same result rather than being a formula for disaster.

they're probably gonna wait till deadline day to put stupidly low bids in for everyone just to say we tried

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back