Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not saying we don't have issues elsewhere mate I'm just giving one reason to why our full-backs spend so much time tracking back. If we had even a Kenny clone on the left and a decent centre-mid we could afford to push up and play out from the back more. Holgate is our best CB (in my opinion) but I feel he could actually play holding role.

Yep, agree with Holgate, to be fair to lad, he got loads of stick after the City game, but over the last couple of months, he is showing a lot of composure and he is developing into a class centre back.

We do play too deep yes, Ashley Williams was ace at playing out from the back with Swansea, and still does for Wales, when we get some proper shape to our back four, i'd like to see us using Holgate and Williams more to play out from the back, with full backs who are prepared to bomb forward to support the front guys ( the exact opposite as to what is happening at present)

For the amount of so called midfielders in our squad, we are still short of a commanding presence in there. Someone who can put his foot on the ball and look for options and also can get box to box

Options at the moment are
Rooney ( gives possession away too much in that position IMO)
Davies ( im not convinced he can put his foot on the ball and weigh up his options yet, but has the potential to be a good box to box midfielder in the future)
Gana ( being used in this position, but would prefer him to sit in front of the back 4 as a spoiler)
Beni ( would like him to be given games now, lets see what he can do)
Vlasic ( see above)

We have just sold the type of player we need to Chelsea, for a nominal fee ( in my opinion) any half decent replacement is going to cost us double that.

Walcott must really be finished if they are considering selling him to us.

Good job our famously rigorous Physical Exam with highlight any possible future problems to make sure we aren't just signing a crock to get him of Arsenal's books.

What makes you think a quality centre half will come here in the summer?

At the moment we cannot offer them ( next season)the prospect of European football, the chances of a cup win are slim ( given our record in the recent past) and the the prospect of challenging the so called top 6 looks beyond us.

The only reason a quality anybody will sign in the summer is for the money. Which in my book makes them a mercenary.
Loads of money

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...had-moshiri-everton-agm-a8151531.html#gallery

These would mostly all be offered cheaply if we were to buy in Jan.... (its the gallery on the page, not the Rom article)

only got half way through until i realised i'm in work and it take sup my whole screen. But we should be going for a lot of these, as you say. I'd love it if we offloaded mccarthy and besic for about £25m and got fellaini in for a free, would be great business. But a lot of those players. although probably out of our range, we should at least try for now and then again in the summer. Players like casillas. We need a new backup keeper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back