Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am back in the excited column then, i was super excited when we were first linked back in december,he is comfortable across the back 4 he is andtrong physical presence as well as pacey and able to play the ball out as well as fulfill the full back roles.... the only negative is that he is right footed though

..that’s good, Ash, you’ve obviously watched the player. I’ve honestly not seen anything from the lad’s agent or from Lille saying he’s not available but that’s not to say there hasn’t been something. I recall chatting with @bluestevon a few weeks ago and he expressed concern about the Achilles injury.

So who do we think are the likely sales left this window?

Besic and Niasse seem to head the list. Lennon out is possible. Despite what BFS says I think a loan to another team in the league would suit Klaassen. Robles? Who am I missing?

Besic and Niasse certainly

After that, Lennon would make sense if Walcott is coming

Sandro and Klaassen seem like possibilities - particularly Sandro

There's nobody else immediately obvious unless we sign a centre mid like Nzonzi or Doucoure, in which case Schneiderlin is a vague possibility?

Maybe Stek or Joel - do we need three keepers?

So who do we think are the likely sales left this window?

Besic and Niasse seem to head the list. Lennon out is possible. Despite what BFS says I think a loan to another team in the league would suit Klaassen. Robles? Who am I missing?

...Harry Charsley has gone on loan to Bolton. He played in the away EL game in Cyprus. He’s hardly likely to have been in Allardyce’s plans but it’s another professional off the payroll.

@Eggs yer mate my Stepdad is french and thats his team, developed a soft spot for them they have a couple of decent players Soumaoro is certainly a standout but i lile that portugese kid they have as well miguel ‘le or something he is called.... great little wingback who is also a CB

@Eggs yer mate my Stepdad is french and thats his team, developed a soft spot for them they have a couple of decent players Soumaoro is certainly a standout but i lile that portugese kid they have as well miguel ‘le or something he is called.... great little wingback who is also a CB

..it’s great to have that insight, many thanks. Let’s hope the rumour comes to fruition and there’s a genuine connection between the two clubs. The links continue to surface so you have to think we are interested.

..it’s great to have that insight, many thanks. Let’s hope the rumour comes to fruition and there’s a genuine connection between the two clubs. The links continue to surface so you have to think we are interested.

I agree, i feel he should also have his own thread so people can build up a bit more excitement behind him and look into him more... he is definately a very very good defender and i dont think the pace and strength of the premier league is going to put him out too much at all...

I feel its as close as Walcott and tbh if at the end of the window we have brought in Soumaoro, Walcott and Tosun i think we can consider that a great step forward and great work by the club...

A versatile defender who can fulfill LB and LCB roles, id say better than the options we have... dont get me wrong Baines in his prime I would not be so confident making that claim, and when Baines comes back Williams can retire

A winger and forward option who despite the naysayers on here i think would help spearhead our attacks and leave Bolassie the other side to make the runs Gylfi needs to truly be dominant

And a striker who I really lile the look of!!

I honestly don't see why we don't try and prise Belotti from Torino - they're probably a similar level to us too.

I'd also consider looking at Kevin Lasagne from Udinese, he's having a very decent season and could be useful for us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back