Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

I can understand it, we all know there are too many players in midfield, some have barely played This season under 3 managers; Besic, McCarthy, Sandro, steklenburg, Klassen.

Now we have brought in 2 more players (Tosun and Walcott) that probably casts a doubt on where Lennon and Niasse fit in to the squad.

If we get decent offers for any of the above, I think they will be out the door, I am still hopeful of getting a LB in though, if we don’t, then for me Garbutt has to go back in the squad.

agreed, however I'd much rather see Kenny at left back instead of martina ( which isn't saying much I'd honestly rather see Sammy lee play at LB than him )

It's difficult, because you are spot on, just about anyone will be better than Martina, but then I wouldn't want to harm someone like Kenny's development by playing out of position for a bit. Even though he'd be loads better than Cuco.

It's difficult, because you are spot on, just about anyone will be better than Martina, but then I wouldn't want to harm someone like Kenny's development by playing out of position for a bit. Even though he'd be loads better than Cuco.

it's one of them mate, coleman is nearing his return and has to go straight back in, so it means either Kenny or coleman playing out of position ( could be better the more experienced coleman does to be fair )

Be made up with that tbf. Add one of McCarthy or Schneiderlin on top and I'll be buzzing. And Besic. And Stekelenberg. And put Martina in the bin.
The sad thing is we would miss Martina most, not as a good player but as a player we have seen a fair bit of, I do though think Martina is here until at least the summer. I'd be happy to keep McCarthy I think Sam like that type of player. Apart from that I wouldn't miss the rest.

13:15

VARDY TO EVERTON?

Sky Sports News understands Everton are interested in signingJamie Vardy from Leicester City, but they’re unlikely to sanction a bid in this transfer window.

Sam Allardyce is a long-time admirer of Vardy, and he would be very keen to add him to his squad, we’ve been told. But Everton have already spent almost £50m on Theo Walcott and Cenk Tosun in this window, and Allardyce indicated in his news conference earlier that there are unlikely to be any further incomings.

The club are thought to have concerns about paying a hefty fee for a player who turned 31 last week.

Leicester would resist any attempt to lure Vardy away. Arsenal saw a bid of around £20m fail 18 months ago, when even though they’d matched Vardy’s release clause, the England striker chose instead to stay at Leicester.

He signed a new contract - believed to have no release clause - later that summer. Claude Puel said last week he has too many strikers at the club, and he will listen to offers for some, though NOT Vardy or Shinji Okazaki.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back