Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You really think we won't mate?

We talked about ambition and hired Sam allardyce. We spent weeks trying for Silva in the first place so is it beyond the realms of possibility for the board to get a second easier chance for their first target?

Because honestly mate, who else can we hire? Lose moyes and got relegated martinez. Lose him and get supposedly best of the rest koeman, hang him out to dry and chase a a manager who had a comfortable lead over us points wise (check the table) and settled on the most unambitious manager bar pulis that we could hire.

In a world that has leagues in every country , thousands of football teams, thousands upon thousands of managers worldwide to choose from. We hired allardyce.

Sorry mate but I believe we absolutely would go back in for him once he is a free agent for being crap at Watford because I don't believe for one second this board has a clue on hiring a manager to take us forward
He will be sacked soon i think. He wanted to join us. They stopped him. It's back fired on them. I think we will go for him again in May

We desperately need someone who can link defence to midfield, midfield to attack comfortable on the ball and the ability to drive at defences centrally which creates space all over the park as defending sides naturally narrow when this happens. Basically we desperately need Ross Barkley.

Vastly under appreciated at our club. Now when we clearly need to identify a similar style of player it is abundantly clear there ain't many of them in world football and even fewer who'd join this shambles.

Oh and a left back.

Wasn't that supposed to be Sigurdsson mate?

Morgan Schniederlin is an empty shirt who chases shadows, can't header and arrives late for everything.
He has no attacking conviction, runs around, with little contact, bottles tackles and hides in the game.
His inability and lack of willingness to connect the back four to the rest of the team is shocking and causing defenders/Pickford to hoof it to avoid giving it to him. He is not a 'water carrier'

I haven't checked but I think our improvement in form was when him and Mirallas were dropped. I'd get rid of him tomorrow if any offer comes in.

This and the lack of a LB are our main problems in my opinion.

Let's get Shaw and a passing midfielder. Ship out Klaassen, Sandro, Schneiderlin and Martina. Get a centre back and ship out that fraud Williams.

Summer, get another centre back and ship out Jagielka. Get a winger and consign Bolasie to the bench.

We 100% need a good playmaker, two new centre backs, a left back and a wide player between now and end of next transfer window.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back