Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Joe Royle doing any scouting for us? Saw he was at Wigan - West Ham game yesterday. (Shock horror ex-footballer watches game of footy!) I know......

..he lives local and has so many friends in the game it’s probably what he does. He was at the Bristol v Man City game in the week as a guest because he played for both clubs. Popular fella is Joe Royle.

Just realised that TDD is on Wednesday, the window will prolly be closed by the time I get home!

Almost a full program of matches as well.

Jim White must be livid.

• Chelsea19:45AFC Bournemouth
  • Everton19:45Leicester City
  • Newcastle United19:45Burnley
  • Southampton19:45Brighton & Hove Albion
  • Manchester City20:00West Bromwich Albion
  • Stoke City20:00Watford
  • Tottenham Hotspur20:00Manchester United

Not sure why the deadline wasn't pushed back a day to be honest, seems a bit silly having it when there are so many fixtures going on.

Sky Sports the only ones who make a song and dance about transfer deadline day and the last few have been quiet.

In fact it’s embarrassing watching them try to milk as much out of a league 2 player going out on loan just too hype the day up.

Too early to write him off in my opinion. I want to see him play on the right side of defense, with Coleman as his fullback partner and a left footed defender alongside him. Also remember he's had a debilitating injury this season as well that is still affecting him now.

I'm not saying he's been good enough this season, he hasn't, but I'm sure there's a player in him. I was very happy when we signed him in the summer.
Maybe I'm harsh because I didn't want him in the summer after his performance at Goodison last season, but I really do think that he's dreadful; and I don't particularly want to see Everton playing as deeply as Burnley had to in order to mask his limitations.

That maybe mate, but we are then left with Williams and Jags partnering Holgate because do not rely on a CB coming in to replace either of them unless it is another old dodger wanting a big pay packet for a few years.
I'd be willing to get some big head the ball in on loan for the rest of the season. Benalouane would do for me.

Thinking realistically as opposed to wishfully, who are we likely to sign in the next three days?
Konsa -seems like our bids too low
Bresovic - Seems like our bid is too low
Bryan - just announced he is staying put
Rondon - this is not the droid we are looking for
Ruiz - clickbait only
Are there really any others with anything concrete
Given all the Interweb and 24 hour news cycle stuff should we just close this thread now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back