Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zat buddy, this is the January window thread, we aint spending 180m in January fam.

I worry about you sometimes...

Waking up in cold sweats wondering if Goat is getting on in years hence the selective reading...

Ive named 5 players there and put them into a pretty formation then asked if we can sign 2 of them in Jan...

I dont think thats too much to ask for.

I worry about you sometimes...

Waking up in cold sweats wondering if Goat is getting on in years hence the selective reading...

Ive named 5 players there and put them into a pretty formation then asked if we can sign 2 of them in Jan...

I dont think thats too much to ask for.

But all those players are rubbish Zat.

Honestly, real talk here Zat, have you ever suggested a player that has turned out good?

Just leave it to Marcel, he knows more than you and me.

Zat buddy, this is the January window thread, we aint spending 180m in January fam.

Throw on top of that his valuations are probably 30-40m short of what the prices would actually be anyway, was good to see at least a couple he suggests where over the age of 21 though...

Actually 2 out of 5 where...

Reality of where we are right now, starting 11 on there best form are all very good, ofc that top form and some look well short of say a top four calibre, those ideally are players who shouldn't be the first choice but the squad depth, our squad depth is effectively a very good centre back in Zouma and a player who so far is potential with zero end product in Lookman. Beyond that it's beyond crap with players who are not good enough, and most who don't actually for any style of play we use.

Ideally you'd want players who give either a boost when they come on whilst maintaining the system, or ones who allow you to change the system as they bring a different dimension to the side when brought on.

The likes of DCL and Tosun do neither, we don't really have anyone who by bringing on allows us to alter the way we are setup and playing.

This season the recruitment was all about trying g as best we could to fix the massive holes in the first team, by and large we've done that, next step is to finish that job and then try to ensure we have some actual depth.

Manager and brands have talked about competition for places, right now I'd argue we have very little of that.

Keeper, Pickford and then nothing beyond that even semi capable as backup.

Left back, Baines is a mile off Digne and will be either gone or further regressed next season, no competition in essence.

Right back, only way there's competition there atm is because Coleman looks a mile away from the player he was once, not exactly how you want the competition for places thing to work on truth.

Center back, only position that you can say we have genuine competition, arguably in the one position you don't actually want to rotate unless due to injuries. Depth there is gone when zoumas loan finishes also.

Center mid, Gomes and Gueye and then no one remotely close to either ability wise it who can push them for a starting place, either at 75% is still a mile ahead, besides Davies arguable if any of the others will even be there next season either. Noticeable that when we sub a central mid it's nearly always now to change formation rather than try any of the supposed competition for a place players.

Wingers, have to play Theo as no one else has pace, have to play Bernard as no one else has vision, Richarlison playing up top basically killed any competition for places there.

Attacking mid, siggy then nothing beyond that which doesn't entail trying someone whose hardly played that position out, hardly provides any genuine competition.

Striker - starter is a winger played out of position and that shows the utter lack of other options, no striker at the team who'd even make the 25 man team at a top 6 side.

But all those players are rubbish Zat.

Honestly, real talk here Zat, have you ever suggested a player that has turned out good?

Just leave it to Marcel, he knows more than you and me.

You dont rate Militao, Ndombele, Lozano, Gomes or Augustin...

Interesting.

Throw on top of that his valuations are probably 30-40m short of what the prices would actually be anyway, was good to see at least a couple he suggests where over the age of 21 though...

Actually 2 out of 5 where...

Which players have i valued ar £30-40mil short?

lol

Interesting.

lol

You won't get militao for 20m, he's already getting hyped and linked with the likes of united mate, lozano won't go for less than Richarlison did, gomes and Augustine are both lower than figures being quoted.

Interesting.

lol
Porto defenders don't have anything like a 100% track record when making big moves. I have my guard up on Militao. Honestly have never seen Ndombele play. Everyone knows the perils of the Dutch league but I like Lozano regardless. The problem I have is I really think we need someone left footed somewhere in our attack but if the deal is there to be made then do it. This Augustin is interesting. I think he has serious potential but much like Lookman his minutes are too limited to really tell. I'd like to see us try to flex some financial muscle and get Jovic in the summer.

Reality of where we are right now, starting 11 on there best form are all very good, ofc that top form and some look well short of say a top four calibre, those ideally are players who shouldn't be the first choice but the squad depth, our squad depth is effectively a very good centre back in Zouma and a player who so far is potential with zero end product in Lookman. Beyond that it's beyond crap with players who are not good enough, and most who don't actually for any style of play we use.

Ideally you'd want players who give either a boost when they come on whilst maintaining the system, or ones who allow you to change the system as they bring a different dimension to the side when brought on.

The likes of DCL and Tosun do neither, we don't really have anyone who by bringing on allows us to alter the way we are setup and playing.

This season the recruitment was all about trying g as best we could to fix the massive holes in the first team, by and large we've done that, next step is to finish that job and then try to ensure we have some actual depth.

Manager and brands have talked about competition for places, right now I'd argue we have very little of that.

Keeper, Pickford and then nothing beyond that even semi capable as backup.

Left back, Baines is a mile off Digne and will be either gone or further regressed next season, no competition in essence.

Right back, only way there's competition there atm is because Coleman looks a mile away from the player he was once, not exactly how you want the competition for places thing to work on truth.

Center back, only position that you can say we have genuine competition, arguably in the one position you don't actually want to rotate unless due to injuries. Depth there is gone when zoumas loan finishes also.

Center mid, Gomes and Gueye and then no one remotely close to either ability wise it who can push them for a starting place, either at 75% is still a mile ahead, besides Davies arguable if any of the others will even be there next season either. Noticeable that when we sub a central mid it's nearly always now to change formation rather than try any of the supposed competition for a place players.

Wingers, have to play Theo as no one else has pace, have to play Bernard as no one else has vision, Richarlison playing up top basically killed any competition for places there.

Attacking mid, siggy then nothing beyond that which doesn't entail trying someone whose hardly played that position out, hardly provides any genuine competition.

Striker - starter is a winger played out of position and that shows the utter lack of other options, no striker at the team who'd even make the 25 man team at a top 6 side.

1st 5 paragraphs were way off.

Didnt bother with the rest.

D-

Interesting.

lol

You are also not thinking that the clubs who those players play for, Lyon, porto especially Barca, rbl - are all noted pita ones to do deals with and each has a reputation for milking the buying club for the highest fee they can manage

You won't get militao for 20m, he's already getting hyped and linked with the likes of united mate, lozano won't go for less than Richarlison did, gomes and Augustine are both lower than figures being quoted.

Militao is linked at £20mil but you think £50-60mil l
So lozano will go for more then £33mil -- you think £65-70mil

Augustin is linked at €35-40mil you think £60-70mil

Gomes youre rating at £60-70mil

Comedy club

Militao is linked at £20mil but you think £50-60mil l
So lozano will go for more then £33mil -- you think £65-70mil

Augustin is linked at €35-40mil you think £60-70mil

Gomes youre rating at £60-70mil

Comedy club

Where did I say your valuation of each player was 30-40m off lad?

Bloody obvious I meant the total valuation of 180m you threw together was.

Now toodle off and go watch the embryo world cup or whatever tickles your fancy.

Now toodle off and go watch the embryo world cup or whatever tickles your fancy.
Zat has his big ideas and that's great but if we're being honest in what world are we spending even 180m? This year was close to 100m if you add some in for the Bernard contract which surely had a big agent fee. Last year between summer and January we went to about 165m but that was offset buy Lukaku being sold. Unless someone comes in with a crazy offer for Richarlison that isn't happening again so no way our budget is much higher than the neighborhood of 100m the next two windows.

Didnt realise putting a few names and approx values on a football forum would affect you so much.

'The Russia House'

Zat has his big ideas and that's great but if we're being honest in what world are we spending even 180m? This year was close to 100m if you add some in for the Bernard contract which surely had a big agent fee. Last year between summer and January we went to about 165m but that was offset buy Lukaku being sold. Unless someone comes in with a crazy offer for Richarlison that isn't happening again so no way our budget is much higher than the neighborhood of 100m the next two windows.

Thats why i wrote id like 2 of the 5.

So if we aimed for say, Augustin and Milito lets say its £50-60mil.

Niasse, Tosun and Walcott would fetch not too far short of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back