Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didnt realise putting a few names and approx values on a football forum would affect you so much.

'The Russia House'

Thats why i wrote id like 2 of the 5.

So if we aimed for say, Augustin and Milito lets say its £50-60mil.

Niasse, Tosun and Walcott would fetch not too far short of that.
We can't sell all 3 of those in January unless we are buying at least two attackers. You can't afford to have no depth and no options off the bench even with a relatively light schedule like ours.

Also is that Militao fast? I think with Digne, who is a bit less athletic than most fullbacks, on the left, we need to get someone who can really cover ground on the right. One of the reasons I wouldn't be too upset with giving Wan-Bissaka a go.

Porto defenders don't have anything like a 100% track record when making big moves. I have my guard up on Militao. Honestly have never seen Ndombele play. Everyone knows the perils of the Dutch league but I like Lozano regardless. The problem I have is I really think we need someone left footed somewhere in our attack but if the deal is there to be made then do it. This Augustin is interesting. I think he has serious potential but much like Lookman his minutes are too limited to really tell. I'd like to see us try to flex some financial muscle and get Jovic in the summer.

Militao was linked in summer...

Ndombele looks class, Nymzee spotted him and i saw him a couple of times and was impressed.

Lozano is pure quality looked great in the world cup also

Would jovic really cost alot? Plays for Eintracht Frankfurt...he'd be a great signing...but i also really like Augustin...massive potential and explosive pace.

We can't sell all 3 of those in January unless we are buying at least two attackers. You can't afford to have no depth and no options off the bench even with a relatively light schedule like ours.

Also is that Militao fast? I think with Digne, who is a bit less athletic than most fullbacks, on the left, we need to get someone who can really cover ground on the right. One of the reasons I wouldn't be too upset with giving Wan-Bissaka a go.

I think Niasse doesnt really factor in for a replacement as hes non existent.

Tosun for Augustin

Walcott out as hes rubbish, wouldnt need a replacement as Richarlison to the left, Augustin in the centre and then bernard / Lookman for the right.

...Militao in at RB allowing Kenny to go on loan.

Zat has his big ideas and that's great but if we're being honest in what world are we spending even 180m? This year was close to 100m if you add some in for the Bernard contract which surely had a big agent fee. Last year between summer and January we went to about 165m but that was offset buy Lukaku being sold. Unless someone comes in with a crazy offer for Richarlison that isn't happening again so no way our budget is much higher than the neighborhood of 100m the next two windows.

Pretty much, it's why we will imo for a couple of season's still try to use the loan system from teams like Barca etc.

Can't see any type of outlay over the 50-60m net for a good whilst. Even that's being highly optimistic until we get a good 10 players draining high wages off the books

Militao was linked in summer...

Ndombele looks class, Nymzee spotted him and i saw him a couple of times and was impressed.

Lozano is pure quality looked great in the world cup also

Would jovic really cost alot? Plays for Eintracht Frankfurt...he'd be a great signing...but i also really like Augustin...massive potential and explosive pace.
The thing with Jovic is he is on loan from Benfica and Frankfurt have a clause to make it permanent which they almost certainly will take. I think I saw it's something like 15 million euros so we'd probably have to go at least double that if not more to make it happen.

Edit: A different article is saying Frankfurt are paying just 6 million. Obviously they will want to keep him since he will only be a permanent signing this coming summer but honestly they won't say no if we really throw a lot of money at them.

The thing with Jovic is he is on loan from Benfica and Frankfurt have a clause to make it permanent which they almost certainly will take. I think I saw it's something like 15 million euros so we'd probably have to go at least double that if not more to make it happen.

I think Augustin at €40mil or Wesley at Brugge would be decent signings, Jovic at £30-40mil would be good too.

Not huge outlays...

I think Augustin at €40mil or Wesley at Brugge would be decent signings, Jovic at £30-40mil would be good too.

Not huge outlays...
Looking through the Frankfurt transfer history shows a club that doesn't really spend a lot of money. I have to think they'd take a sum like that. I much prefer someone putting up serious production in Germany and playing regularly to someone from Belgium.

Looking through the Frankfurt transfer history shows a club that doesn't really spend a lot of money. I have to think they'd take a sum like that. I much prefer someone putting up serious production in Germany and playing regularly to someone from Belgium.

True. But Wesley has done well in the champs league

As much as I want big name players coming in I just don’t think that’s the route we’ll consistently go down now. I think we’ll be looking at say the Ndidi before he came to Leicester sort of situation.

Sander Berge for Gana would be good, Alfa Semedo at Benfica etc. We need to be smarter in the window with our money.

As much as I want big name players coming in I just don’t think that’s the route we’ll consistently go down now. I think we’ll be looking at say the Ndidi before he came to Leicester sort of situation.

Sander Berge for Gana would be good, Alfa Semedo at Benfica etc. We need to be smarter in the window with our money.

Sander Berge could be good.

Semedo isnt in the team is he?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back