Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suppose that speculative neither of us has seen the job spec, while media itself is broad concept, is that Club related media or deciding to do a personal print copy piece.

Anyway we could go back and forth and not know either way because we are both speculating and that can vary from DOF to DOF at every club, personally i dont like it personally, i might not be right but just a personal opinion. That said it always helpful to have a stable of friendly journos, so sometimes you have to play the game.

I'm kinda just going off the ones who are highly respected in the game in those roles, monchi for example regularly meets the press and gives interviews, releases public statements etc.

Don't think it matters who people want or would like in January and beyond anymore. Brands and the team will have players they would like and we probably won't have a clue who they are until a there's a few leaks a few days before. Hopefully they can get the players they think we need and can afford and going by their very short track record so far I'm all for waiting and hoping they succeed.
If we end up with nobody then the other aim is to get the dross off the wages who have been having a very easy time picking up overpaid wages over the last few years. Playing one good or half decent game in ten is certainly no longer good enough for this team now and those who are out on loan have for the most part shown the blue shirt is far beyond them now.
Why are you on this thread then?

Do you include Vlasic in the dross, one half decent game lot.
He's a seriously good footballer, at the beginning of his career, and he's on our books.
I'd say we'd regret him going in a few years time.

I'm kinda just going off the ones who are highly respected in the game in those roles, monchi for example regularly meets the press and gives interviews, releases public statements etc.

I believe Éric Abidal now has a similar role at Barca and has been taking on more press duties recently. At least, that’s me going off Twitter.

With Pereiro and Bergwijn being top quality wingers I wouldn’t be surprised if they let him go in January. I’d be happy if it was even a signing but loan him back for 6 months.

Same mate, he's pretty much the perfect fit for the system we are employing.

I believe Éric Abidal now has a similar role at Barca and has been taking on more press duties recently. At least, that’s me going off Twitter.

The best dof, seem to have a more prominent public role - which given our history with our Comms department, is very much a breadth of fresh air.

From the outside it gives us a more professional image, and also one of having a clear defined role from top down in the club. Polar opposite of when Walsh had the role and nobody had a clue who was doing what at the club.

Agents, press, players, pretty much all now will know if they deal with brands, they are talking to the person whose deciding short and long term directions for the club.

By the end of next Summer I want:

- 1st choice striker
- 1st choice RW
- 1st choice RB
- Back up for Gana

Sign Gomes, sign Zouma.
Agree with that with the following exceptions.

I'm giving Coleman until the end of the season to get his pre broken leg form and fitness back. If he doesn't, then I agree he should be replaced

I'm a huge fan of Baningime. Always have been (even more so than Walsh). I'd like to see him have the opportunity to be Gana's back up.

Agree with that with the following exceptions.

I'm giving Coleman until the end of the season to get his pre broken leg form and fitness back. If he doesn't, then I agree he should be replaced

I'm a huge fan of Baningime. Always have been (even more so than Walsh). I'd like to see him have the opportunity to be Gana's back up.

Yeh I didn’t really leave out the opportunity for in-house replacements - big fan of Baningime myself. I’d like a RB even if Coleman gets better as I don’t think Kenny is up to it long-term.

You didn’t write any text: you just omitted two of our best players from your dream lineup without giving any reason other than - from your usual motive - they’re too old.

Erm no. There was text with a valid reason for their (obvious) omissions.

They werent signed by Silva/Brands hence the text stating it isnt known if the players not signed by them will be kept on in the future.

Brands and Silva wont just have a team in their heads for now e.g Coleman / walcott / keane /sigurdsson etc...they will look at the mid-long term so you simply cant state that those players not signed by them will be fixtures going forward...

Far more likely that the players signed by them will be part of the grand plan.

I did read the text
And if you think any manager worth his salt is replacing Gana /Siggy you’re mad
To upgrade on them would cost a fortune and those expensive top quality players won’t sign for us at this point in time

@Nymzee see there was text lol

Brisan the cost really isnt relevant...we have no idea on who Silva/Brands want to keep aside from their own signings.

The system were playing under Silva may not be the one he wants to implement long term or even beyond this season.

Why is it peculiar?
You are taking about replacing possibly six players , at a cost of 200m plus

Where does the cost come from? £200mil?

Not relevant.

My point was that it is totally unknown which players Silva/Brands want to keep as per;

Pickford
??? ??? Mina Digne
???
??? ???
??? Richarlison Bernard
Beyond the above players, we have no idea what outfield players are considered fixtures.

As fans Sigurdsson and Gana may be considered as indispensible...Silva and Brands may see them totally differently...we dont know.

I wonder what the majority and minority is, cant say ive noticed a lot of DOF giving interviews to the media etc, maybe i just haven't noticed.I wouldn't be a huge Monchi fan myself but i know others rate him highly.

I wonder what the majority and minority is, cant say ive noticed a lot of DOF giving interviews to the media etc, maybe i just haven't noticed.I wouldn't be a huge Monchi fan myself but i know others rate him highly.

Monchi has always been media friendly and there should also be a number of articles on him being interviewed online...

Well known for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back