Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeh I didn’t really leave out the opportunity for in-house replacements - big fan of Baningime myself. I’d like a RB even if Coleman gets better as I don’t think Kenny is up to it long-term.
You then have the age old problem of keeping 2 quality players in the same position happy and, more importantly, not letting it affect the squad mentality. It's a very fine line Nymz. It's easier when you have European football which hopefully we'll have next season, but even then, no top player likes missing out on the big games.

I know it's an extreme example but look at Jesus at Man City now. Not just is he getting minimal time at City, but he's seeing Richarlison starting to get ahead of him for Brazil. How long before he starts getting disgruntled, and that's at City.

No, with Coleman, we either replace him with somebody better (if we can), or we replace Kenny as a back up. But again you have to find somebody better than Kenny who will be happy to come as back up to Coleman initially.

You then have the age old problem of keeping 2 quality players in the same position happy and, more importantly, not letting it affect the squad mentality. It's a very fine line Nymz. It's easier when you have European football which hopefully we'll have next season, but even then, no top player likes missing out on the big games.

I know it's an extreme example but look at Jesus at Man City now. Not just is he getting minimal time at City, but he's seeing Richarlison starting to get ahead of him for Brazil. How long before he starts getting disgruntled, and that's at City.

No, with Coleman, we either replace him with somebody better (if we can), or we replace Kenny as a back up. But again you have to find somebody better than Kenny who will be happy to come as back up to Coleman initially.

Its also important to look at the cost and value of both, in terms of value to the club, they are basically youth players, with fairly decent value built up in them, pure profit for Everton. Essentially we have one position in the team covered by a negligible cost and massive value.

Now people may pfft at that, but it does enable cash flow to be directed to other positions and if we were to ever sell them you are talking huge profit as both would have a very low book price. They pay for themselves many times over. Coleman certainly has.

Both are massive value to the club. Its where you want to be in every position really as a business.

I hate politics and sport crossing over but surely Brexit will have an effect on the league? Re: players from overseas.

I was reading on the BBC website not long ago that the FA is planning to reduce the limit of foreign players from 17 to 12 per team, which would not only increase the transfer value of decent English players further, but limit the chances of signing foreign 'gems'.

I daresay clubs won't want to splash cash in January only to find out they can't field the player come next August.
Tbf, if this were to happen, despite our youth ban we'd be in a very good position given the success our youth teams are now showing.

A lot of the top six would struggle trimming their non English quota to six. Our summer business did move away from that as well though ha.

Why are you on this thread then?

Do you include Vlasic in the dross, one half decent game lot.
He's a seriously good footballer, at the beginning of his career, and he's on our books.
I'd say we'd regret him going in a few years time.

Like you I'm on this thread to stick my oar in where it's sometimes not wanted and to give my opinion on matters that concern me as a long standing season ticket holder with a lot of my life invested in this club as a supporter. If you don't like what I have to say then put me on ignore or get the mods to ban me for daring to give an opinion.

And who made you the gatekeeper of who can and can't 'contribute' to any thread concerning anything on got?

No I don't include Vlasic actually I was in the main referring to the likes of Mirralles and Williams who have shown their attitude and aptitude stinks the place out and are generally very good at being 'bad eggs' around the place. Both have been given further chances to prove their worth away from here and even given a heroes reception back in greece Mirralles failed to prove himself and as far as I'm aware they want rid as well.
Vlasic has had a raw deal over the time he's been here and often if not always told to do a job he's not suited to or built for. We signed him on the basis of that one good game he had against us as a free running midfielder where he kicked our butt for a lot of the game and since then had no opportunity to even try to reproduce that form.
I do realise the whole team struggled for obvious reasons last season and he unfortunately got in with the Mirralles 'gang' but I do hope his comments of late were just about his treatment last season. If he wants to continue his spat with the current leadership then he can do one as far as I'm concerned. He has no automatic right to get a first team start and like the others will have to knuckle down and play his way in when/if he returns. He is a quality player and is young enough to become a star but it's all down to him in the end. I have stood and clapped him off the pitch many a time and hope to do so in the future because our forward attacking play now would suit him down to the ground.

But it's Marcos rules and he has to follow them or like anybody who thinks they're too big for the club then it's on yer bike.

As for you I'll keep my mouth shut other than to say try putting your brain into gear before starting off replies in an aggressive manner in future.

I think we will get rid of

Schneiderlin
Niasse
Jags

Holgate and dowell out on loan.

I’d seriously try and tempt palace with a loan of DCL/tosun plus cash for wan bissaka tho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back