Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the right system.hes very very good, until he's played in that type of system it's hard to judge if he'd be able to adjust or not.

If he'd gone city btw, I'd bet anything he'd have been performing massively better. And would be the natural replacement t for fernandino.

Much like Gueye, he needs to be played as the sole player back there atm he's not being.
Natural replacement for Fernandinho meaning he's good at passing and intentionally fouling to stop counter attacks but somehow never being booked? That's a shot at Fernandinho and Pep not Fred for the record.

But seriously Gueye has never struggled in the way Fred has regardless of the system. You're probably right that the United system isn't doing him any favors but he looks legitimately out of his depth in the Prem and given he has no other real experience playing at this level week in and week out, I wouldn't be looking to buy him.

Would you pay £35mil for a Kante in DM or for Gomes?

Last season Fred was top class.

Yeah it looked like he would have been fernandinhos successor...bad move for him
Yes I would obviously do that because those are two players who have played well in central midfield in the Premier League. Fred has not done this. Maybe it is the system that United use but I really am not sold on a player who was good in one of the dominant Ukrainian teams and very much not up for it in the Premier League so far. I think there are better options.

Natural replacement for Fernandinho meaning he's good at passing and intentionally fouling to stop counter attacks but somehow never being booked? That's a shot at Fernandinho and Pep not Fred for the record.

But seriously Gueye has never struggled in the way Fred has regardless of the system. You're probably right that the United system isn't doing him any favors but he looks legitimately out of his depth in the Prem and given he has no other real experience playing at this level week in and week out, I wouldn't be looking to buy him.

Fred's a system player mate, in the right one he will look top class, in the wrong one he'll look anything but that.

He'd actually suit the system we use actually. Quality wise he's good enough btw although he'll bust out at united if Jose stays

Fred's a system player mate, in the right one he will look top class, in the wrong one he'll look anything but that.

He'd actually suit the system we use actually. Quality wise he's good enough btw although he'll bust out at united if Jose stays
I don't see him suddenly dominating games with how poor he's been so far but maybe. For Everton it really doesn't make much difference because even United aren't abandoning a 52 million quid player for a loss after a season.

Yes I would obviously do that because those are two players who have played well in central midfield in the Premier League. Fred has not done this. Maybe it is the system that United use but I really am not sold on a player who was good in one of the dominant Ukrainian teams and very much not up for it in the Premier League so far. I think there are better options.

Looked smashing last season...weve learnt that some of our own players look awful in certain systems with the wrong types of player around them.

£35mil would be an amazing deal i think.

I don't see him suddenly dominating games with how poor he's been so far but maybe. For Everton it really doesn't make much difference because even United aren't abandoning a 52 million quid player for a loss after a season.

United have taken large losses on players before in the short term.

With Bernard and Richarlison in the side i think we would have a chance to persuade him with the benefit of a system which he would easily slot into.

Looked smashing last season...weve learnt that some of our own players look awful in certain systems with the wrong types of player around them.

£35mil would be an amazing deal i think.
If he improved his form and looked up to speed with this league than maybe it would be a good deal. But if he does that then we won't be getting him at that price. If he can't start playing better we'd be spending the money that we normally spend on the better players in our team for someone who hasn't shown he can handle matches that are tougher than the Ukrainian League. Not sure I call that amazing.

If he improved his form and looked up to speed with this league than maybe it would be a good deal. But if he does that then we won't be getting him at that price. If he can't start playing better we'd be spending the money that we normally spend on the better players in our team for someone who hasn't shown he can handle matches that are tougher than the Ukrainian League. Not sure I call that amazing.

If he was a success then he wouldnt be for sale.

It would be a similar signing to Gomes, Mina, Digne et al who havent performed for their former club (e.g Barca).

Weve done it many times in the past of course too.

Did you catch him last season with a system more similar to ours? He was excellent, hence the hefty fee.

Id be quite keen on a January loan move with a buy clause if Mourinho isnt struck on him.

If he was a success then he wouldnt be for sale.

It would be a similar signing to Gomes, Mina, Digne et al who havent performed for their former club (e.g Barca).

Weve done it many times in the past of course too.

Did you catch him last season with a system more similar to ours? He was excellent, hence the hefty fee.

Id be quite keen on a January loan move with a buy clause if Mourinho isnt struck on him.
No I didn't watch games cause he played in the Ukraine. Which is part of the problem I have with him. I just don't want to rely on a player who has yet to show the ability to play in a truly top level league. Rather we just bought Gomes permanently myself.

I understand we tend to take players who don't perform but Barca are well better than us. I'm really not sure United are currently. We absolutely matched them a few weeks back and a couple big decisions go are way we might not only get a result but win the match. Taking unwanted players from that kind of team isn't exactly the same.

Honestly in the whole United team if money wasn't an obstacle I'd probably only want us to sign De Gea, Pogba, Mata, Martial, Rashford, Lukaku and Sanchez. I don't really rate anyone else enough to want to sign them and have them play a significant role. They're all useful squad filler but we need first team contributors still.

No I didn't watch games cause he played in the Ukraine. Which is part of the problem I have with him. I just don't want to rely on a player who has yet to show the ability to play in a truly top level league. Rather we just bought Gomes permanently myself.

I understand we tend to take players who don't perform but Barca are well better than us. I'm really not sure United are currently. We absolutely matched them a few weeks back and a couple big decisions go are way we might not only get a result but win the match. Taking unwanted players from that kind of team isn't exactly the same.

Honestly in the whole United team if money wasn't an obstacle I'd probably only want us to sign De Gea, Pogba, Mata, Martial, Rashford, Lukaku and Sanchez. I don't really rate anyone else enough to want to sign them and have them play a significant role. They're all useful squad filler but we need first team contributors still.

Champions league games vs City (amongst others) theyve been pretty decent and exciting last year and since fonseca took over.

Fred was the standout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back