Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
With brands saying that he needs to trim the squad before he can bring players in this is the current list i think we could move on. Obviously with players coming in means a few more could be added. But its a start

Goalkeepers

Jordan Pickford - Keep
Maarten Stekelenburg - Keep (Backup)
Joao Virginia - Loan

Defenders

Mason Holgate - Loan
Leighton Baines - Keep (Backup)
Michael Keane - Keep
Kurt Zouma - Sign
Phil Jagielka - Keep (Backup)
Lucas Digne - Keep
Yerry Mina - Keep
Seamus Coleman - Keep
Jonjoe Kenny - Keep (Backup)

Midfielders

Andre Gomes - Sign
Gylfi Sigurdsson - Keep
James McCarthy - Sell - £5M
Idrissa Gana Gueye - Keep
Morgan Schneiderlin Sell - £15M
Tom Davies - Loan
Kieran Dowell - Loan
Ademola Lookman - Keep
Beni Baningime - Loan

Forwards

Theo Walcott - Keep
Cenk Tosun - Sell - £20M
Oumar Niasse - Sell £10M
Bernard - Keep
Dominic Calvert-Lewin - Loan
Richarlison - Keep

Players Out On Loan

Ashley Williams - Release/Free
Yannick Bolasie - Sell £10m
Kevin Mirallas - Sell £8M
Sandro Ramirez - Sell £5M
Cuco Martina - Release/Free
Muhamed Besic- Sell 5M
Shani Tarashaj - Release/Free
Nikola Vlasic - Sell £18M
Callum Connolly - Release/Free
Luke Garbutt - Sell £??
Matthew Pennington - Sell £??
Joe Williams - Sell £??
Antonee Robinson - Keep
Henry Onyekuru - Keep

Total Sales of 9 Players = £96M
That’s brilliant
Now can you pass on a list of the clubs that would pay those fees for those players and match their wages
I’m sure he would appreciate it

Do you honestly think that:

A) we wouldn’t buy a key target until we have sold another squad member

B) if we did have that policy and we were that restricted that we would announce to the media that would be the case

That message is expectation management ahead of what is usually a difficult window.

He’s asked a question and he’s made a point about the squad being too big which has been a common theme since silva and brands have taken over.

Allow for nuance and try not to think so much in such absolute terms.
Yes. I do.

So any thoughts on a possible balotelli move in January?

Nice President confirmed they will not renew his contract and balotelli previously stated his desire to return to the prem.

Not pretending to know Marco’s preferred striker type but he is fast, physical, good in the air, proven scorer in the prem, creative on the ball, and can distribute equally as well.

Nice President confirmed they will not renew his contract and balotelli previously stated his desire to return to the prem.

Not pretending to know Marco’s preferred striker type but he is fast, physical, good in the air, proven scorer in the prem, creative on the ball, and can distribute equally as well.
Only problem with that is...he is Mario balotelli

Only problem with that is...he is Mario balotelli
My hope would be that the thought of playing in the prem would keep him behaving. I’m also going to be naive and say I think there are few teams across the prem that have a team and fan base that have made more players fall in love and respect a team more than Everton.

Biggest downside is his attitude and we don’t need him infecting the locker room

Pretty sure he stated that the main intention after he arrived was trimming the wage bill and to reduce the squad size from a ridiculous 32-34+ at one point to a much more reasonable and workable sized one.

Now the sceptical could have spun those statements as we had no more money for wages, and we had to sell to pay for incoming transfers etc.

What actually happened though was we let more go than we brought in so reducing the squad size down to 27 or so, we cut out ahuge amount of "wasted wages" on players who did and would not play for the team, ensuring that whilst the overall wages the clubs paying out its pocket are similar, the benefit your getting is your now paying players mainly who actually play football for you. As for transfers, yup what we sold was reinvested so partly sell to buy, but a hell of a lot was spent on top of that.

If we had a DoF who chose to ignore the size of a squad and players in that squad who have clearly now no future, who instead solely focused on adding more and more players to the team, and who disregarded the negative - both financially and on a dressing room of having a huge first team squad, then Dave I think we'd tuslky would have a major problem.

Thankfully we don't, maybe save your super cynical view until next summer, as right atm you have absolutely zero to show that Brands is not doing quite a remarkable job which bodes well for going forward.

You'll no doubt go on about loaning rather than selling asa stick to beat him with, open your eyes mate, hell even look across the park at the likes of Markovic still being on their books cos they can't sell the lad.

We recruited some terrible players, done for very high fees and compounded that by paying ridiculous wages to them to boot,

The likes of Sandro we'd struggle to have any taker on a free transfer now.
Bolasie similar no one was gonna cover that wage AND pay us half of what we outlaid on him.
And so on and so forth

What generally he has done though us organized moves for all those to a team that they may perform well enough to cone next summer be able to get another team to bite on buying them.

That for me us jim doing his job very well given the absolute clusterflick he inherited here.
The players out on loan depreciate in value, offsetting any wage reduction that might have accrued (and in sme cases the club would have been paying some of the wages in any case).

Not a problem with reducing the squad. However, it cant be allowed that he does that and holding back as players become available that Silva wants. If it;s in the order he stated yesterday of one IN one OUT, then that's reasonable. However, and IMO, we clearly saw the club stall on an attacker late in the summer window hoping to get a big Lookman deal over the line and/or a club for Niasse.

You've made your mind up on Brands after one transfer window. That's ok. That's your prerogative. I'd like to see how he performs over a series of windows, as I have some reservations about his summer performance.

The players out on loan depreciate in value, offsetting any wage reduction that might have accrued (and in sme cases the club would have been paying some of the wages in any case).

Not a problem with reducing the squad. However, it cant be allowed that he does that and holding back as players become available that Silva wants. If it;s in the order he stated yesterday of one IN one OUT, then that's reasonable. However, and IMO, we clearly saw the club stall on an attacker late in the summer window hoping to get a big Lookman deal over the line and/or a club for Niasse.

You've made your mind up on Brands after one transfer window. That's ok. That's your prerogative. I'd like to see how he performs over a series of windows, as I have some reservations about his summer performance.
Can you define “series of windows” now so you can’t come back after his 9th window isn’t great and complain about it?

For real? He isn’t fast, neither is he physical, he’s not got the heart to be physical and he’s lazy. A proven scorer in the Prem? 70 (27) 22 goals. Creative? He’s one of the most greedy selfish players you’ll see. Distribution? Have we been watching the same player?

My hope would be that the thought of playing in the prem would keep him behaving. I’m also going to be naive and say I think there are few teams across the prem that have a team and fan base that have made more players fall in love and respect a team more than Everton.

Yeah, you’re being very naive. How’d you come to that conclusion? Every club has its ex players/legends paying lip service to the club they served. Every. Single. Club.

Marcel Brands walks on water, he accepts your challenge.

Gonna be an interesting window. Can’t see us spending big but I think Brands will have identified some big talents with huge potential. I expect us to bring a couple of players with massive potential for not much dosh. Marcel knows what he’s doing, he’s a smooth operator. I trust him 100% to get it right.

Merseyside fire chief has blocked this move before lol

It's Christmas, not April fools.

Gonna be an interesting window. Can’t see us spending big but I think Brands will have identified some big talents with huge potential. I expect us to bring a couple of players with massive potential for not much dosh. Marcel knows what he’s doing, he’s a smooth operator. I trust him 100% to get it right.

Im personally not expecting much really.

Be shocked if we do a lot of business, its not a window to be doing work in

Im sure we will dip our toe, but cant see us getting soak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back