Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jovic and Milik are the two guys I like at CF. Whether either is realistic I don't know but I think I've made it clear that I really think Richarlison is a striker long term. RF I feel like a lot of the guys are kind of far fetched with where the club is now but I look at players like Pulisic, Lozano, and Suso and think that's the class we need to be looking at. Realistically though Nicolas Pepe could maybe happen and he looks a real player. Not really sure about anyone else that we could actually get.

Milik i think is overrated but in any case would be too hard to bring from Napoli.

Jovic would potentially be someone who could go all the way to the top, it could be said that like Augustin he is only doing his stuff in the German league but hes only 20 and playing for Eintracht so not exactly getting a sackload of chances. His finishing looks lethal also.

I think if we wanted him then we would need to offer the €15mil to buy out his contract from Benfica and also add up to €25mil more to give Eintracht.

That would involve some real artistry by brands.

Pepe has weird legs doesnt he? A bit like Mane and also Asprilla ? Do you know what i mean?

That's a lot to respond to... Torreira was clearly a good player but we can't sign people over Arsenal. I don't like the way Neves carries himself. His play reminds me of Schneiderlin in that he lacks any sort of tenacity or desire. He just has a better range of passing and shot. If we're throwing out names the DM I like best is Sander Berge but I'm weary of the Belgian league since all those young Belgians like Dendoncker and Teleman are turning out crap. Maybe Ndidi could be an option but I can't say he's ever stood out that much at Leicester.

The thing with selling those types of players is we will need depth if we do make Europe. Look at the squads that the other Premier League Europa League teams play and tell me if we could rotate that much and top the group. We clearly can't so until we can we should be building our quality top to bottom.

Actually, i think Tielemans has been doing well for Monaco even though they keep losing hes showcased his talents and even chipped in a few goals...looks better as a DM than a CM i think.

Berge was linked a few years ago wasnt he...i think it will be interesting to see if we go for a player like that who looks an absolute beast on highlights at least or someone who can playmake.

If were going to be passing out from the back then i think a playmaker would be ideal + if, like Jorginho (at chelsea) he was pressed we would have 2 players around him in Gomes (hopefully) and another box to box so if they were also both fairly technical it wouldnt matter so much.

Milik i think is overrated but in any case would be too hard to bring from Napoli.

Jovic would potentially be someone who could go all the way to the top, it could be said that like Augustin he is only doing his stuff in the German league but hes only 20 and playing for Eintracht so not exactly getting a sackload of chances. His finishing looks lethal also.

I think if we wanted him then we would need to offer the €15mil to buy out his contract from Benfica and also add up to €25mil more to give Eintracht.

That would involve some real artistry by brands.

Pepe has weird legs doesnt he? A bit like Mane and also Asprilla ? Do you know what i mean?

Actually, i think Tielemans has been doing well for Monaco even though they keep losing hes showcased his talents and even chipped in a few goals...looks better as a DM than a CM i think.

Berge was linked a few years ago wasnt he...i think it will be interesting to see if we go for a player like that who looks an absolute beast on highlights at least or someone who can playmake.

If were going to be passing out from the back then i think a playmaker would be ideal + if, like Jorginho (at chelsea) he was pressed we would have 2 players around him in Gomes (hopefully) and another box to box so if they were also both fairly technical it wouldnt matter so much.
Last thing for tonight: Milik had some injury issues but it all revolved around one serious knee injury. This season he's been healthy and although he isn't an automatic starter he's scoring goals and his per 90 minute stats are very impressive. He'd improve us massively and he's still in his mid 20s I believe so a reasonable age.

Last thing for tonight: Milik had some injury issues but it all revolved around one serious knee injury. This season he's been healthy and although he isn't an automatic starter he's scoring goals and his per 90 minute stats are very impressive. He'd improve us massively and he's still in his mid 20s I believe so a reasonable age.

Indeed, looks decent but napoli wouldnt sell i think also not sure hed move.

Which players would you both like to see signed at CF and RF ?

It is clear Silva likes three forwards and full backs working into the usual place where a traditional winger sits. So a RF/RW is a difficult position to fill. I don't follow European/South American football near enough to know who is the next big thing. I'd be happy with Lozano for a fair price, based off what I have seen. What I would be most happy with is a signing left of centre that nobody expected at a bargain price living up to the Brands M.O. And not entirely sure Lozano is entirely realistic (because of his own ambitions). Plenty of other unrealistic shouts have occurred around here as well like; Pulisic - whos next move is a club beyond us.

More than happy to wait until the summer as well for the right player in the ST position. I know you're sceptical of Walcott - but for me he is getting in the right areas, having shots at goal and just seems he needs an injection of confidence. The three issues I have with Augustin, is a) the price tag, b) the ability to do in it the premier league and c) ability with back to goal. He is quick and an opportunist, but from what I've seen his hold up play is no better than we've already got.

I still maintain that a new CM is equally as important. I like Gueye, but if we're to want to play Lookman centrally, if we are want to dominate teams at home, if we are wanting to really be deadly on the counter we need somebody who is a more rounded player. And as yet, Gomes isn't signed which potentially means we need 2 players in that role.

Happy to be patient with the striker. It took us 2 years to find a new LB. If it takes another 6 months to sign a ST, so be it.

For RW/CF: Lozano, Pavon (surprised this hasn't popped up more), Havertz, Mina, (Vlasic in a 3-4-3), Williams and Bernardscheieie (or however you spell it).

As far as a CF goes, I have no idea. But I have my doubts with Augustin.

If we sign a genuine RW/CF - I'd like to see Walcott played upfront more with Tosun and Niasse sold.

With PSV Eindhoven out of Europe and top by 5pts, I won't rule out a move for Lozano especially as they are in talks with Robben for a summer move.

If we could throw £30-40m now at them, they could get reinforcements now to help with the league campaign plus soften the blow of no extra revenue from Europe.

Come on Brands you sly fox get it done

Augustin and lozano would be fantastic and realistic signings.

The fact Ragnick has denied augustin makes me think it is rubbish however.

Im excited to see what we do in January- just hope its signings of that sort of quality rather than punts on players like Tosun.

Were linked to Barca wunderkind Riqui Puig, touted as the next superstar to come through...the new Xavi.

Spurs also been linked since April

What a coup that would be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back