Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is he actually crap Crimmo?

I have no idea. Only know his name.

he's not crap, but he is 3rd choice striker for Leipzig, which is why the fees I see in these rumours for him going to Everton rather high!

He is young, raw, has had a couple little indicipline problems at Leipzig, but he has huge talent. Mostly this season he's started games in Europe, and been on the bench in the league, sharing that role with Leipzig's other young forward Matheus Cunha.

But if you are paying good money, I would say that maybe someone with 2 or 3 years more experience would be better? That is just my thought on it. Augustin has all the potential in the world - but how much do you want potential more than finished product? I guess ideally a combination of both is ideal!

he's not crap, but he is 3rd choice striker for Leipzig, which is why the fees I see in these rumours for him going to Everton rather high!

He is young, raw, has had a couple little indicipline problems at Leipzig, but he has huge talent. Mostly this season he's started games in Europe, and been on the bench in the league, sharing that role with Leipzig's other young forward Matheus Cunha.

But if you are paying good money, I would say that maybe someone with 2 or 3 years more experience would be better? That is just my thought on it. Augustin has all the potential in the world - but how much do you want potential more than finished product? I guess ideally a combination of both is ideal!
we need to be nicking some clubs 25 goal a season guaranteed striker.. not a rebull 3rd choicer with discipline issues

we need to be nicking some clubs 25 goal a season guaranteed striker.. not a rebull 3rd choicer with discipline issues

well exactly. I'm not saying by the way he has some serious issues, just that he's had a couple issues that he's been taken to task over during his time there.

But it is clear people here feel Everton need someone who can come into the squad and quite quickly adjust to life in the league and score goals. This guy may end up being really good, but he's not someone who is all of a sudden going to start scoring loads of goals in a different league with a very different physicallity to the league he is currently in. For me, he'd be more a luxury player to work with if the coach has patience and time for it, rather than a problem solving player.

Can he do blammos?

Good evening Vanfrandelino, when are we expecting the first index of this upcoming transfer window?

Im debating whether to put on my scouting pants and do Marcel a solid.

Good evening mein TransferSuggestingFrandelino

We are not seeing much Weaseling yet, oh no, very littlw, perhaps we are waiting waiting waiting and then KAPOW @jinkyali drops his first porky of the 2019 and we are away

well exactly. I'm not saying by the way he has some serious issues, just that he's had a couple issues that he's been taken to task over during his time there.

But it is clear people here feel Everton need someone who can come into the squad and quite quickly adjust to life in the league and score goals. This guy may end up being really good, but he's not someone who is all of a sudden going to start scoring loads of goals in a different league with a very different physicallity to the league he is currently in. For me, he'd be more a luxury player to work with if the coach has patience and time for it, rather than a problem solving player.

It's strange as the lad Werner would probably suit what we need down to the ground. He works hard, is very mobile, can play across the front. I'm surprised we are not pursuing him.

As for Augustin, you may be able to correct me on this, but Leipzig seem very much a selling club and are happy to move lads on. It seems he's been a prospect for a while now and they may be open to getting a good fee for him. A fresh start may be the making of the lad. From our end, we may well have seen some attributes in him that we feel suit the English game? That tends to be how a lot of scouting is done (and also a lot of the skill of it) not just rating how good a player is but seeing where he plays. Another factor is Lookman and him seemed close, so possibly Lookman has given him a positive talk up to the management?

Seems an odd deal. Brands has shown this summer he won't overpay. I suspect there may be interest but maybe Leipzig are pushing it more than Everton?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back